• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

God saw you getting tired,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda I know what it is like to start the flurry of things to be done.

You said it so well describing your family - the new us. I'm still finding my feet, and you will too with your wonderful family and support they give.

Here's hoping! Went grocery shopping for one for the first time yesterday. .walking around giant tiger crying lol had to leave before padded van came

Amy I had a shocker in Bunnings one day a couple of weeks after Chris was set free. The staff were so kind and I just wanted to get the hell out of the store but these 2 ladies working there took me under their wing and just wanted to serve me well because I was blubbering away.

I remember I kept blubbering "I'm not normally (sniff sniff) like this ... "

I was so relieved to get out of there!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss yet thankful everyone involveds suffering is over. May peace and love be with you as you go through the days to come.

Thanks again for all of the kind words!
I am finding it difficult to slow down when doing anything. Go to the store for whatever and get there only to rush around and get back home to....
Hugs
Linda

Same Linda. Been so busy for so long..hard to adjust back to normal speed

Linda, I'm so sorry for everything you and Joe have been through. I've read your posts and cried for you, and now I hope the pain you've experienced can be replaced with memories of the wonderful life you had with Santa Joe before this monster entered your lives. I'm sorry I didn't reach out before--sometimes the future is to difficult to acknowledge. Like so many others here, you've earned your place in heaven, where I'm sure your sweetie is smiling down on you.

Linda, I just realized that I didn't offer my condolences on your Barney's passing. I apologize and hope that you are very slowly beginning to live life again. Another freed from the prison of ALS.
Trina

Linda, you might remember that I was a gardening maniac for 2 months after Chris was set free. I think it was how I coped with having to be really really busy ...

Thanks Nuts, I know things are getting confusing with so many of our PALS finding their freedom in such a short period of time. You are right about everything with the exception that in my case it was my Barney that found his freedom. Whenever I get all teary I remember how trapped and frustrated he was near the end and have to be happy that he is "FREE"
Hugs
Linda

Linda, I cling to how I was able to give Chris a good ending when I get teary as well as remembering how he was suffering and that he would only be suffering even more now.

Doesn't stop the pain of losing them, but it helps perspective of the reality.

Been thinking of you heaps. So many losses in the short time I was away :(

So true Tillie!
I keep reminding myself of the horrors and telling my boys and family the samee thing. Yes, we would love to have him back... but not like that. It puts things into perspective. He will never leave us, he is with us in our special places. We no longer have to tell him it is okay to fly free.... he is!
Hugs
Linda

Linda,
I am sorry! So so sorry for your loss of Barney! Your love! You have been an excellent wife and caregiver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back