forum behaving very strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, whew that is a relief.. I just thought it was me again. looking at posts where the "new posts" said someone posted something and then it wasn't there.

Mine is repeatedly bringing up the same page. I'll try tomorrow to gain access
Audrey

Yes, I too continue to be unable to see my most recent posts and seems related to the Google custom search box's endless flashing. I'm not going to clear my cache before every post, which worked once or twice, so that's that for now.

Happy Wed/Thurs!

--Laurie

Another odd glitch. Since we can only thank 5 people a day I have been working my way through thanks on my sister's in memoriam thread. I was half way through page 2 but no thanks buttons appeared on the unthanked posts on that page despite multiple refreshes, however they were there for page 3! Very weird

I thought the "Thanks" button was for indicating the post had provided helpful information. Have I been using it wrong? Does the poster actually get a thank you message? I thought it was used to tally helpful posts to get to "helpful member" status. Sympathy posts on the death of a loved one are certainly helpful to the family, but not usually informative. And I hate to think sympathy posters weren't actually being thanked because "Thanks" doesn't really mean thank you, but rather labels the post as containing "Helpful Information". And either way, why the 5 per day limit? Confused again!

I thought the "Thanks" button was for indicating the post had provided helpful information. ...And either way, why the 5 per day limit? Confused again!

Good question. I always thought the Rate Thread stars at the top would indicate a useful post full of good information. I think the Thank You is simply a semi-personal way of thanking the poster, so that we didn't have to take up room writing an entire post just to say Thank You.

The limit seems arbitrary. It forces the user to decide if the post is worth a "scarce and valuable" click on the TY button. Maybe it would be better to raise the limit to ten.

I am having issues also. Cannot see replies from posts I submitt
Patrick

I think the forum issues are more linked to the server being compromised.

I watch the status bar as I wait for the refresh button to become available and it flashes a series of ads trying to load. I have to wait for a certain amount of them to try to load, then I can stop the page loading and reload and get the corrected content.

I'm having issues, too. Really was hoping not to join this club. :)

Jim

This is really starting to get frustrating. Things are difficult enough. The one place we all can go for support and to give support is now smacking us in the face too. Sheesh!

Vince

David the administrator is working on it.

Haven't you heard? It's not a bug, it's a "feature". :?

Thank you, Phil. Would've just hit the "Thank You" button for starting my day with a great big laugh, but couldn't find the button. :)

Then again, not sure it would be considered "helpful information," :???: but then again, a big laugh is always helpful for PALS & CALS.

Oh well, I'm having enough trouble I dropped in on this thread to see what might be going on. Still glad you all keep showing up. A glitchy forum is so much better than no forum at all, and I trust the powers in charge are working on it. Thank you.

Not sure who else is still having issues but mine are worsening; even reloading does not reveal all the posts on a given thread. So it's kind of hard to respond. Are any others in a similar boat?

yes, it is making the forum very difficult to use and I'm behind on many threads because of the extra time and angst it is taking to get around :(

I too think the issues are worsening.

Yes, the only way I can see subsequent posts is to make another post, then go back and read (after refreshing.)
I also lost my thank you button today.

I'm very concerned for the PALS who use non-traditional methods of communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back