Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I posted the following on Facebook today. I'm sure it will result in being unfriended but, so be it. I have to be true to myself and my faith:

Australia and New Zealand have been sending firefighters to the United States for more than 15 years, most recently in August 2018, when they came to help battle fires in Northern California and the Northwest. Finally the US sent some back to OZ, for the first time since 2010. THIS should have been an EXECUTIVE ORDER shortly after the fires started in OZ. No big surprise because Mr. Trump said the fires in California were caused by mismanagement. Fortunately, it is raining in parts of Australia now and should continue for a couple of days.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I'm guessing there is some rain somewhere, we are still desperate for some here ...

worrieddaughter77

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
US
State
IL
City
Oulu
Dear Tillie, I have logged in here to check on you after the devastating news about the fires. I am so relieved to find out you and your koalas are safe! I can't watch the news without tears... Please be safe and I'm hoping for rain to come soon! Anna

Wilson2009

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
KS
City
Lenexa

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
May I ask that posts about the fires and loss of koalas be posted into the thread down lower in the off topic section about fires that was not started by me?
This is a story of hope thread and I want to try and maintain hope here.
I do not click on any links people constantly send me about the fire situation, I'm living in it.
I'm not clicking on the links above either - media hype is just too much for me, I'm already overwhelmed.

Thank you all. Back to the regular program now.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
thank you Nikki - I don't mind people asking am I ok, but yeah posts of photos or links to news or video really belongs here. thank you so much

and thank you to all who care - I can't imagine what it is like watching from the other side of the world, all you have is what comes out in the media.