Bushfires in Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m seeing stuff like this online. Breaks my heart. But good to know people are trying to help.

There are estimates that 30% of the Koala population has been lost during the fires (though it might be 30% of the koalas' habitat that has been lost. The reports are somewhat confusing). The fires have resulted in almost a half-billion animals of all types lost. This is truly a devastating series of events.

So sad.
I’m hoping that when Tillie returns, she’ll be able to share some hopeful news of koala sightings.

This is breaking my heart. I'm going to find out how I can contribute and will post it on Facebook.

I'm so sorry everyone - it is truly awful here. In truth the big fires are now far south of here, nearly all here is simply gone - 5 million hectares of forest gone in Australia, 3 million of those in just my state.
I'm ok, but it is so exhausting. I am still posting on facebook trying to provide something positive each day. There were more koala sightings last month after so few in November.
I have some for you all.
I did have about 10 days of various family coming and going, and with guests to look after and feed, most of them clueless to the fire impacts it's been extra exhausting (can be a bit like having guests who don't get what ALS is even if they are staying there).
I'll do a few posts now - thank you for caring, it's hard to explain what this is doing to me.

I am so happy to see you here but my heart breaks for you, the koalas and Australia

From the map, it looks as if all of Australia is on fire. May the rains come soon! Our thoughts for protection and safety, go out to you and all creatures, "great and small". B.

1578104278182.png

You, the Koalas and the trees were on my mind so much the past few days. I logged in here just to see how you are doing. I was so worried that your land may be in fire.

Love you and think of you and everyone else here so often. My thoughts and prayers are with Australia.

I've been following on Facebook but last night, after hours of pain, I just went in my room and let the tears fall. For the beautiful planet we were given as custodians and how we are destroying it, piece by piece. My mind filled with the horrors of taking land from native people who held it in reverence and understood how all creatures are interdependent. The politicians and climate change deniers. The wars, the guns, the fires were just too overwhelming.

Thank you Katrina. If we all could have done what you've been doing, things might have been different. When are people going to wake up and understand we are all in this together. Imagine a world without wars. Everyone would be fed, clothed and housed.

@scaredwifetx oh Deb thank you

@KimT you totally get it.

I do love and appreciate my family here so much

I haven't posted here in a very long time but I felt the need to check in with Tillie. Thinking of you Tillie and the koalas. You played a very important part in giving my brother some posivity during a very grim time. I wish only the best for you, the koalas and Australia. Jlynn

Dear Tillie, been thinking about you and hoping you are ok. These fires are truly unprecedented and frightening. I hope you and the koalas make it through and that the fires can be stopped soon.

V

@Jlynn and @vltsra thank you so much for thinking of me, and the koalas.
Jlynn it was such an honour to make any kind of difference for your brother, so good to see you here, I often hope that you are doing well and finding beauty and joy in the world 💗
V unprecedented indeed and we just put one foot at a time, one day, sometimes one hour at a time. thank you

What a relief! When this thread popped up in my feed my heart stopped thinking you had bad news. I am still upset about the situation but at least your furry friends are safe. They, like us, are lucky to have you looking out for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back