irismarie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Mom hasn't had any problems at night for the last 4-5 months really. We keep her tube feedings pretty much on a consistant schedule day to day, and by doing so can time the toileting needs fairly well. She has had a couple of coughing spells or has gotten cold and needed another blanket, but we haven't had any real night time troubles in a while. Before the feeding tube, we were up once or twice every night. I hear so many horror stories about PALS not being able to sleep and just laying awake at night and being locked in, but not wanting to wake anyone to move an arm, leg, or whatever. I told her to buzz me for anything. I'd never want her or anyone in that situation to think they were bothering me if they needed help with something.
    I guess the dogs are pretty big, aren't they ;o) I love that fact they were all rescues...good for you! A friend of mine got a chocolate lab from the rescue shelter last year, and it's been an amazing companion. It took about 4 months before strangers could approach him (he had been abused), but now, you would never know.
    I could only imagine the anxiety the mask would cause regarding those memories. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to wear it! It was a challenge for us for quite a while. We had several different issues with the first mask but have went to a different model since. This one covers the mouth and has the nasel pillows also (it's actually worked out a lot better than I had anticipated).
    Hello, love! How are you today? I've been thinking of you and wishing you well. I want you to know how much joy you bring to my heart. I am a better person for having known you, dear one. You are the perfect example of dignity. Have a wonderful day. I'll check on you soon.
    Thank you for all the kind words! Mom has had a rough week...been on the bipap 4-5 times a day in addition to wearing it all night while sleeping. I feel like I've never fully prepared for the routine changes that seem to be happening daily at this point...no matter how hard I've tried to stay on top of everything. I'm doing everything I can.

What breed(s) are your dogs, Iris? We never really had a lot of room, but did have a miniture colley for 14yrs. Such a smart dog!

I'm confident something will work out for you...I know it will. For me, the help I need usually always comes at the minute!
    Iris, I was sitting in my office today at work and at one point looked out the window to see the neighbors horses running through the fields. Such free spirits. I thought of your painting, "Freedom" is it? ...and was thinking of you also. I'm so sorry to see you're going through a rough patch at the moment. I hope you find comfort in knowing there are so many people that hold you close to their hearts, including myself!

As a side note...Your paintings and photography speak volumes, and for me, they provide a sense of comfort that has been replaced by stress and worry over the last year. Thank you so much for sharing them! Your dear friend, Chris.
    Iris, I've missed your wit lately!! I've missed your direct approach to our situations fighting the dragon, ALS. With Linda's passing. I have been reminded of how precious today is and how valuable people like you are to me and other on the forum. Dear Iris, I am holding you in my prayers and hope that you have a new carer soon - if not, please consider the hospital until one can be secured. Love and gentle hugs,
    diane
    Iris, dear. I know this is very hard. I think having a system in place for the dogs is just a good idea, in any case. I still hope there's a way for you to get some care until the next helpx comes. Love you, IrisMarie.
    Iris, I am holding you tight sweet luv. Do NOT forget your own inner strength! You will get through this! Social services has got to send you help. NOW!!! Then someone else from helpx will come. You will see dear friend. You are NOT alone! You are loved by so many, do not lose sight of that! We are all in such grief about Linda, we are grieving together. Horrible day for all of us. I will check in later tonight again before I go to bed to see how you are doing. I so love you!!!! Kari
    Iris, I hurt for you. I didn't know you were now alone... which is awful. Has anyone offered to take care of your dogs for you... to "adopt" them? You are right... many things are worse than death. Linda's having her second best wish granted is something I can't regret for her sake. It's those left behind who have the sorrow. I love you.
    ANn, I wish I could die here and now. S has left me for that woman who is living with him in his camper van; the other carers have gone and I am alone. They want me to go to hospital but I will NOT leave my dogs and my garden Already lost enough. Not going to lose the best things I have.
    Losing Linda
    I am losing too much
    I cannot stop crying and it is all so painful. I sooooooooo want to die right now.
    Dear Iris, I see your green light on. Good news from Linda's daughter... very hopeful for her to get well from this, and home once again.

I hope you're feeling less down. As bad as he was, he still has the power to make you feel wretched. I wish I could fix that. (there's a lot I'd like to fix) But I love you, Iris. I do indeed. XO
    Hi, it is just awful to get down in a seat that is too low and can't get back up? Then to get down on the floor, that is next to impossible ....can't get up by myself..oh why are we going through this? I just never imagined in my whole life that I would end up in this state...I guess no one would unless you had a family member with ALS? I am doing pretty good. Take it one day at a time and see what it brings? I have been getting the worst sharp pains in my head. Once or twice a day...I keep thinking I will die of a blood clot? I would be alright with that if it would take me really fast? Lol. Well, going to go help my daughter who is cleaning my cabin today...take good care and please try and stay in the chair? We must not be on the floor or half way out of our chairs anymore? Lol. Love you, linda
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back