Dust off the Bar......

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarieLaure, I love your French take on high calorie meals. Let them eat cake pour le gôuter!

Last edited:
Jrzygrl, HOW FRUSTRATING. Just had to jump in and say that. I am so sorry you are being given the run around by various businesses. How vexing. Also, I use a Surface Pro3 and I love it and never had a problem with the Microsoft folks when I've asked specialty/accessibility questions. You have received terrible service from the Apple Store manager and they deserve a hand smacking from Head Office.

Now, off to call our Canadian equivalent of the IRS to tell them yet again (6th time since January) that they have my income for 2016 as double what is actual reality and it is their clerical error, despite their verbal insistence it isn't and when I am looking at CRA documentation admitting that it is their error. Bureaucracy!

I would love to start drinking wine now, but will hold off till evening. My upbringing dictates you can't drink alone or before dinner unless you are on holiday in another country. I can't shake it despite my rebel exterior. Will go with something sugary instead.

Jersey, no one deserves the idiot parade. I hope your nurse gets well soon. Today you whine, tonight you wine and dine.

Fiona, it doesn't sound like the Canadian version of the IRS but of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Sugary is my weapon of choice. I just had three kinds of amazing hipster berry ice cream. Raspberry-lychee-rose, blackberry-melissa and blueberry-basil-whatchmacallit.
Next stop: sludge metal show. :)

Last edited:
The rest of the day did not get much better. Almost backed into someone in the grocery store parking lot. Then, after getting home and putting the groceries away, I went out to mow the lawn, only to find out the lawn tractor is dead. Guess figuring that out will be tomorrow's job.

So... Instead of Winesday Wednesday, I'm going to something a little stronger. My go-to, a NOLA cocktail - vodka, lemonade and Chambord. Yum!

I hope you ladies will get a kick out of this. I always have this drink in a special glass - my Fiona glass. Yes, the ogre or is it ogress from Shrek. The reason - so I'm never drinking alone! Shiftkicker, aka Fiona, you should get you one of these!

Attachments

• 20180530_211722.jpg
    20180530_211722.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 117
Jrzygrl, when you do get more intel on accessibility options for iPads, I’d love to hear some of the conclusions. iPad is currently my tablet of choice.

Wish, I have a little heart by my name too. Not sure what it means. You want a little skull? Maybe I could get a little doggie paw print or a musical note. That would suit me better.

No new frustrations for me today except the ongoing mind f**k of dealing with a progressive disabling terminal illness. Guess I’ll sit down with y’all and have a drink. Craft beer anyone?

Gosh Jrzygrl, I just love the Fiona mug. :)

Jrzygrl- Whenever I introduce myself to girls of a certain age, I get the "Just like Shrek!" thing. Yes, girls, you're right- I AM a princess. While I may not turn green, I do certainly turn into an ogre on occasion! I should at least get a mug for my morning coffee.

Karen, have you had fruit lambic? There's a brand readily available in Oregon that I now equate with road trips there- Lindeman's Frambozen. Delicious- like malted raspberry pop.

Karen,
We have an appointment Friday afternoon. I'll pass on whatever info I can get. My husband also prefers his iPad, so we're hoping to get something to work there.

Fiona, Fruit Iambic? Sounds like Iambic pentameter laced with strawberries. Hmmm....

Lambic. Not Iambic!

Wild yeast brewed, with fresh fruit stuffed into the barrels for a second ferment and left for over a year. I prefer the raspberry, but there are cherry, strawberry, black current, apple and apricot versions too. Summer in a bottle.

Well ok then! :)
I thought you were into some new poetic craze.

Moved my son to the big city yesterday for his first job after graduating - well watched anyway. Had lunch outside at a pub and enjoyed the sunny day with a glass of white wine.

Are you drinking alone if you are the only one in the group drinking?;-)

Thinking of beer and poetry I remember a poem I read on a chalk board outside of the Thirsty Monk beer bar in Asheville:

Roses are red,
Lilies are white,
Poems are hard,
Beer, beer, beer

Mrs. Dingdong, congratulations to a successful send-off for your kid. You most definitely weren't drinking alone, your were drinking alongside. But someone has to act like a grown-up, right?

Wish that reminds me of my favourite Captain Jack Sparrow poem (maybe they stole it from him?)
Roses are red
rum is good
poems are hard
rum is good

:lol:

After a sabbatical from dairy I fell off the wagon two days in a row. I ate ice cream. Boy, it was good but it did give me constipation AND thickened the mucus. I should have gone for that craft beer instead.

I had to get up early to go to the weed doctor today. There was a buy one get one 50% off but they didn't have the product I use. Guess I'll just try another dispensary. I did order more of the topical cream because it works well and fast. Better than popping tylenol several times a day and much better for my liver, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back