Twitching in my legs, feet and sometime arm, came back after first going away in 2018. Advice needed please.

Grant87

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
about 3 weeks ago I woke up with twitching in my elbow. Throughout the last 3 weeks the twitching has been in my calves, feet thighs, knee and sometimes in my arms but that’s more rare. The twitching now is mostly like single or a couple pops before it goes somewhere else in my legs.

The twitching usually goes away when I look at the limb to inspect it, but not always, I even caught my calf twitching on camera once.

I’ve alway noticed I’ve been kind of tired, I walked 10k steps yesterday and felt my legs tired.

I also have more back strain and upper shoulder strain when I sit down and when I walk.

There are some times were I don’t twitch during the day but I twitch more often than not.

I had close to the same kind of twitching in 2018 but it went away but now it’s back.

I’m 30 years old.

Could this be the first signs of ALS?

No. Twitching that comes and goes over the course of more than 6 years is not indicative of ALS. Please read here first: Read Before Posting, as it answers questions about twitching and provides information about ALS and a variety of other issues. It will provide you some reassurance.. If you are still concerned after, please visit with your doctor for an exam.

Take care

I appreciate your response. One last question, excluding what happened in 2018, does what I describe currently sound indicative of early ALS?

Thanks.

Please make sure to read the link provided to see why twitching absent clinical weakness does not point to ALS. It is always advisable to see a doctor if you have questions about your health.

Back