Thoughts on Chemical Exposure causing ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave;

"And they wonder why those who served have a higher incidence of ALS."

This has been hinted at in other posts but your quote sounds a little more authoritative.

Is it published anywhere that service people have a higher incidence of ALS?

Can you PM me? I have trouble following these threads.

Ernie

i work in print job (not directly) and i never had a contact with chemicals but i work in IT dpt. many old servers and equipment were around me and i started to cough. i thought it is cause by dust. but periods of cough were: month cough, 2 months nothing, 3 months cough... my als started with cough. it is not bulbar als that i have, butt now i have tongue fasciculations bilateral with no clear signs of atrophy. slurry talk,
have to mention that my food in job restoran was not something special, but i eat it for 25 years. not sure if it has any relation... zn, cu, pb, hg tests are ok. i lived 40 years 5 m away from tramway, doing IT since 1997. cough stopped after i left job and gone to sea side. by chance, i used thc at that time when i notice it stopped. now i am on pulmology. pulmololgyst sent me to bring test of CRP, kreatinine, creatine kineaze (CK), which neurologyst didnt. have no idea what to test, cause everything by now was ok except alt and ast.
of course, and als.

Last edited:
I still think radiation..

Microwave ovens, Televisions, Cell Phones, Computers, Bombs, etc etc etc

Is laser radiation harmful?
The skin is usually much less sensitive to laser light than the eye, but excessive exposure to ultraviolet light from any source (laser or non-laser) can cause short- and long-term effects similar to sunburn, while visible and infrared wavelengths are mainly harmful due to thermal damage.

Not to rule out chemicals..

Just saying..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back