Roll in shower-cost-funding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shortselling my previous residence - 4 level condo in beautiful downtown Palm Springs.

The way I received funds to modify the house (one level) that I'm in was to apply for accelerated life insurance benefit. My doctor had to verify that I had less than one year to live (who knows - could get hit by a bus tomorrow). Depending on the company you get a partial life insurance payment or full payment.

Sharonca

renovations

we are lucky to live on a small towm outside calgary where evry one helps evy one thr local lions club did all the renos needed with 25 guys over two weekends ,built a ramp knocked down wall put in a whole new room and shower and a bunch of woman came in and painted the house .iy was like an extreme makeover.we would not have been able to afford wht they all did so there is lts of compassion and good will out there

Kevinski - That is wonderful to hear that your community pitched in to help you! I'm impressed. :)

For those of us in the Statews, what about Habitat for Humanity? Would they help and if they would, how long do you think it would take for the process of getting them involved?

Good luck with the renovations.
Pam B in Va

I feel for all of my fellow PALS in the remodel pinch.

I have good news if you live in Colorado. The CO home builders group has a foundation that pays for and does renovations. see http://www.hbadenver.com/foundation/

They got started with the columbine school victims and never stopped. They do about 20 homes a year. i got ramp and rollin shower.

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back