Not open for further replies.

Didac

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SP
Hello to everyone, and thanks for paying attention to this post.

I hope that could be useful for some others probable health anxiety users.

2020/08 I had this EMG after 3 months of fasciculations that started on my right feet internal arc and widespread all around the body. The rest of NCS were normal so I do not post them.

1650963836280.png

With this results the doctor told me that I could have a small radiculopathy in S1 and no signs of ALS.
I have had fasciculations during these 2 years and tbh, a bit of fear from time to time. Fasciculations were not constant and have been drastically reduced from the first "panic thoughts".
Now I started with a bit of dysphonia (hoarseness that goes away in the night and come backs in the morning, not abnormal speech, not dysphagia) and a bit nuisance in my leg.

Is not even a pain but I realize that my leg is there when I should not. This sensation during this 2 years was also tension sometimes.

Do you think this can be a slow progression of ALS?

Again , thank you for your time and I will try not to annoy anymore.

Attachments

• 1650964029278.png
    1650964029278.png
    431.3 KB · Views: 39

wishmobbing

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
DE
State
BW
City
Stuttgart
Sounds nothing like ALS. You say you notice your leg feeling differently but I can do everything. Good. If you have ALS, even if it would be actively progressing, you wouldn't feel different, you just can't do stuff.

Didac

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SP
Thanks for dedicating this time,Wishmobbing.
I read about slurred speech in the "READ Before posting " and that's not my case. I can walk and maybe my radiculopathy is getting worse ( I have no clue even if that is possible) Maybe anxiety is back and my pain comes from long walks I had, the dysphonia and this "perceived weakness" at the same time just scared me a bit.
Thanks again for this.

Didac

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SP
ok...but according to Dr Google , that EGM shows increased MUAP and reduced patterns with a fasciculation...that does not sounds good, right?
On the other hand is true is only one region and no polyphasical but still I am not sure if I should do a revision

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Mr google unlike your doctor did not go to medical school and neurology residency. I doubt you did either. Your emg shows neither the pattern or distribution seen in ALS. You were told it might be a mild radiculopathy. You are now taking a few elements and trying to make them into something they are not. This is like saying I have a headache and a slight fever so I must have encephalitis when actually it is a sinus infection

please ask your doctor to explain his findings if you do not understand them

Didac

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SP
Yes, you are right. I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.