Not open for further replies.

Didac

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SP
Hello to everyone, and thanks for paying attention to this post.

I hope that could be useful for some others probable health anxiety users.

2020/08 I had this EMG after 3 months of fasciculations that started on my right feet internal arc and widespread all around the body. The rest of NCS were normal so I do not post them.

1650963836280.png

With this results the doctor told me that I could have a small radiculopathy in S1 and no signs of ALS.
I have had fasciculations during these 2 years and tbh, a bit of fear from time to time. Fasciculations were not constant and have been drastically reduced from the first "panic thoughts".
Now I started with a bit of dysphonia (hoarseness that goes away in the night and come backs in the morning, not abnormal speech, not dysphagia) and a bit nuisance in my leg.

Is not even a pain but I realize that my leg is there when I should not. This sensation during this 2 years was also tension sometimes.

Do you think this can be a slow progression of ALS?

Again , thank you for your time and I will try not to annoy anymore.

Attachments

• 1650964029278.png
    1650964029278.png
    431.3 KB · Views: 95
Sounds nothing like ALS. You say you notice your leg feeling differently but I can do everything. Good. If you have ALS, even if it would be actively progressing, you wouldn't feel different, you just can't do stuff.

Thanks for dedicating this time,Wishmobbing.
I read about slurred speech in the "READ Before posting " and that's not my case. I can walk and maybe my radiculopathy is getting worse ( I have no clue even if that is possible) Maybe anxiety is back and my pain comes from long walks I had, the dysphonia and this "perceived weakness" at the same time just scared me a bit.
Thanks again for this.

ok...but according to Dr Google , that EGM shows increased MUAP and reduced patterns with a fasciculation...that does not sounds good, right?
On the other hand is true is only one region and no polyphasical but still I am not sure if I should do a revision

Mr google unlike your doctor did not go to medical school and neurology residency. I doubt you did either. Your emg shows neither the pattern or distribution seen in ALS. You were told it might be a mild radiculopathy. You are now taking a few elements and trying to make them into something they are not. This is like saying I have a headache and a slight fever so I must have encephalitis when actually it is a sinus infection

please ask your doctor to explain his findings if you do not understand them

Yes, you are right. I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back