11/2019
Country
US
State
MD
City
Baltimore
Hello,
I have been too busy to participate in this forum by writing for the most part.
I would typically get into bed at the end of the day and just look at new posts when I got an email saying there was a new post.
Always too tired to log in and respond.

Anyway, my husband passed away in August. the end came faster than expected.
Since January he had been having breathing crises, and was on bipap most of the time.
Breathing got worse and he needed the bipap more.
We went on hospice end of January, which was a good decision.
We had care and medications at home.
He had refused eye gaze and refused feeding tube, hoping he would never need them.
He was able to speak clearly until his last day, he was able to eat normally until a week before he passed.
The last week of his life the breathing got really bad, and O2 dropped dangerously anytime bipap was off.
At that point his short term memory was going.
We were ready to talk about IV nutrition, and the nurse came for a meeting.
That's when he had his final crisis and it was over just like that.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad it was quick at the end though a terrible shock for you

As he flies free wishing you peace in the knowledge that you were a great and loving care partner

Reactions: Hal
I'm so sorry for your loss.

So sorry, Ruth. May the memory of everything you were together bring you peace and strength.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take lots of time caring for yourself as he would want you to do.

I am so sorry for you loss. Sending you peace and comfort.

Hugs

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in your family, friends and faith.

I am sorry for your loss, Ruth. My heart hurts for you.

Ruth, Peace to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and blessings.
I am about to make the final post here soon, because my PALS died late last night. Very peacefully but it still seemed more sudden than I had thought.

So sorry Ruth. Caring for PALS on this journey is like living in another space and time. The days and weeks fly by as we try to stay ahead and learn what will come next. I hope you are surrounded by family and friends who can help you in your grief. My Tom passed in June. It is still unreal to me. take care. Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back