New? Introduce Yourself - Say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic

Fantastic...Glad you finally came out. This site has lots of access to information from care to heredity chances. AND I've never seen as positive'a group of people as this. Getting yourself educated and ready is one of the best things you can do for your co-worker. Tell him about the group as well. Hope to hear more as i read read read and if you have any questions, POST THEM.

God Bless
Doug

Welcome to the forum Kaytee, Doug, Irwin, and the many others.

I can't speak for everyone on the forum, but I can say welcome to our world and our family. I have grown to love my family here on the forum and open up and trust them with things I would never tell my natural family. I gripe, complain, fuss, just let it all hang out and they still show me unconditional love. Now where else can you find that?

The main reason is that we have a bond that others cannot understand. A common ground of fighting for our lives, the lives of friends, and loved ones. We all know life is not "FAIR", never has been never will be. It takes time to get over the steps many of us face after learning we, a family member, or friend have ALS.

1. Denial (Wasn't de-nile a river in Egypt?) :)

2. Bargaining (Now that, I can do, give me a good garage sale any day) :mrgreen:

3. Anger (How sweet the rage that rises up for naught. :twisted: For what has it accomplished?) :oops:

4. Depression / Anxiety / Grief (No one comes to my Pity Parties) :(

5. Acceptance (And now the healing of the soul and spirit can begin, and peace can be found, if you look hard enough for it)

Each of us goes through these steps at different speeds and sometime we go back and forth to them, time and again. Yet hopefully, we reach a point where we look at the truth of our situation and begin to think of what comes next?

After death then what? When you are angry it is often very hard to believe in a God who loves us and wants us to dwell with Him forever. A God who sent his son Jesus to die for our sins that we might have life eternal. A life without pain, suffering, and disease. Many believe it is just too simple. To accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and we can have everlasting life.
My own choice is to believe and to accept, how about you?

People have been given the free will of choice! Chosing what they believe to accept as real in his or her life. I give you the right to chose whatever you want. I still will love you and help you in any way I can to make it through this difficult time in your life. I will not try to force my beliefs on anyone else.

I am just presenting to you my own personal point of view on the subject. It in no way reflects what this forum or it's founders believe, but is strictly my own personal opinion.

For those of you who do not know me, I 61 years old and I am the proud father of 3 boys, a daughter, and 15 grandchildren. I invite you to join my ever growing family. Feel free to kick your shoes off and share your heart with me. Anger, frustration, fear, venting, is all allowed. Just talk, you will feel better for it.

God Bless
Capt AL

Last edited by a moderator:
KayTee,

Nice of you to look into ALS for your co-worker. Hope you find the info you need to help y'all be of support to her/him!

To All of you

I felt so alone until I stumbled onto this website, here I feel I belong, I don't have to make excuses for how I feel ........that's a gift in of itself! Thank you to all of you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, symptoms, just everything. I know that I can share feelings here that I would not want to impose on my family, they have enough to deal with. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.........:-D

Fantastic Qualitybabe......there's nothing better than being able to open your heart up to caring people. Hope you check out the link about the exercise. I'm a real nut when it comes to exercise and think exercise is the fountain of youth Ponce de Leon wasn't able to find. Am still trying to find information concerning exercise for this group and as you can imagine, it's tough to find. Hope you join us there and get up on the horse with us. Remember....exercise never gets easy for anyone.

God Bless
Doug

Hello, I am new to this site but am encouraged that there are so many caring people out there. I like so many others have entered down a scary road due to frightening symptoms and am in the process of trying to find answers to my leg cramps and weakness. I hope for the best for myself and all of you.

billy,

Hope you don't have ALS, but welcome just the same!

Billy...don't get too afraid until you've been fully looked over. I became terrified when I found a lump in my pubic area only to find out from a doctor's examination that it was an ingrown hair. How embarrassed could I get? Keep up your happy thoughts and keep us informed as to how it goes and keep your chin up.

God Bless
Doug

Hello from yet another newbie. Have been encouraged by my social worker at my clinic to come to this site for, well let's just say, over a year. Apparently it takes me a while to heed advice that does not come out of my own head. Maggie

hey there Billyd - Have you tried tonic water with quinine to replace around half the water that you injest daily? It is the only way to get quinine these days, but was suggested by my nurse practioner in my ALS clini now that the tablet form is off the pharmacy shelves. Found that the diet tonic does not work as well as the regular (not sure why), but have noticed a substantial drop in leg cramps. Also found that walking daily makes the cramps lessen. Maggie

Hello Everyone, I lost ny son Chad to Als,he went quickly(April2,o7) I am still in shock can't believe I won't be talking to him today. I was hoping maybe I could help someone out there. Brenda

Better late than never, Maggie. Welcome to the forum. :-D

Liz

Hi Brenda. Chad lived in Florida didn't he and was in his early thirties and engaged? He hasn't been forgotten here. Welcome and thanks for the offer of help.

HI Maggie....Glad you could make it here. There are so many wonderful people. I'm an exercise nut and am returning a doctor's call tomorrow about exercise and ALS. I'm finding that everyone has different responses to it and i just don't want to pass anything on that may accelerate the progression. Glad you could make it here.
God Bless
Doug

Brenda.....I'm certain your experiences will help with everyone. You know, sometimes it's not information people can share but rather an emotion. What's your's?
God Bless
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back