Diagnosis
11/2022
Country
US
State
IL
City
Plainfield
Anyone heard of anything like I’m experiencing?

Carl, I see this is your first post. It helps us help you with some intro info.
It is optional... when, who, where was your diagnosis confirmed. Are
you going to an ALS clinic? Again, it is optional if you wish to share.

Not sure what you mean? Is it that your left arm and leg are smaller ( atrophied) compared to your right And this is new?

My left calf, hip, but check & bicep! All have lost 2 inches! Other areas 1 inch . Only left side so far!
THXX

My diagnosis was about 6 months ago
Yes I’m going to a ALS . NORTHWESTERN
UNIVERSITY down town Chicago
So , has anyone ever heard of anyone having
Atrophy only on one side of Their body & a lot
not just a one area few spots!
I have recently felt twitches, pain & other
Issues that make me believe perhaps Atrophy now is after my right side!
THXX

Yes, thank you! It’s just odd weird or whatever!
Over a year and only one side- my left side has visual & measurable Atrophy!
THXX

Als progress is different for everyone. What you are describing sounds normal to me. my left leg had weakness and atrophy for 17 months before my right leg got weak. From there it progressed kinda evenly on my arms and core. My left arm hung in there a little longer than the right. From the core it's been going to my face and neck and shoulders. Not much is left. Just skin and bones . I've got my two brains that still work as good as new, so there's that

Carl,

Yes, I've seen this type of progression before. We had one guy at our support meeting that started in his right arm, then went into his right leg. His truck got weak next. He could still walk but one side seemed like it was dragging and he needed a walker. I only went to support meetings in person for a couple of years but he kept progressing on his right side. His left arm was very strong.

The only thing for sure with this disease is that it's so different in each person. Mine started in my left foot but progressed very slowly. After two years it seemed to hit everything at once but very slowly. I stopped progressing for nearly two years, then it started speeding up on my right leg and left arm. Both lower legs are atrophied now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back