• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an appointment at 11:00 today (22 Aug) with the registrar to register Julie's death... Not looking forward to that one bit...

My luck continues...

Unable to pick up death certificates now until Wednesday the Registrar has informed me as the paperwork from the coroner will not arrive now until Wednesday.

But that's not it...

I went to the Funeral Directors on the way back with my USB drive only to be told that the cemetery does not have the means to play a 3 minute video, so all that work and ideas are down the pan... Well at least I have it at home I suppose.

So... I am on to Plan 'K' I think it is now...

Success... Something went straight forward... The florists, all bought and paid for and all Julie's favourite colours... Yellow / White / Green.

Been to the Dr's and I have been put on 'Sick Leave' for 8 weeks, so that's something I suppose...

Oh Dave,
Following your posts all through the trials and tribulations of Julie's diseases and your care have been profound and movingly. I LOVED your music choices and your videos. So sorry they can not be played at her service.
You've been a carer, fighter and loving husband above and beyond anything I've ever seen.
May you both be at peace!

Sherry

WOW!... First some good news!... I have just slept for 7 (unbroken) hours, yes, that's right S E V E N... I feel so much better than I have over the past week as I have only been getting and hour here and an hour there and an hour whenever I could.

That's the good news!

Now to some sad news...

Tonight will be 7 days since the passing of Julie as we all know. I have had lovely messages of condolences from my forum and Facebook friends to which I thank everyone for, however, I have not heard or seen any member of Julie's family (my step-kids and their children who are all adults by the way).

So too those 11 family members... I am struggling to cope and am having to arrange the best funeral I possibly can for your Mum and nanan that I can & completely on my own. I hope that you can all make it to the funeral... :(

Right... Moving on...

The cremation has been arranged, the flowers ordered and paid for so at least I can sit back a few days now and take the time to reflect on everything that has happened and happened so quickly. It's been a whirlwind week of emotions, I never knew that a single person could have so many emotions running all at the same time.

I need to register as 'Sick' this morning with 'Jobcentre Plus' (not been in one these places for 30+ years) as I have a 2 month sick note as the Dr could see that I were all over the place yesterday so that at least I have a little money coming in as I have spent what savings I had on the funeral costs.

I need to wait until Wednesday (tomorrow) to officially register Julie with the Registrar as there was a cock-up on the paperwork delaying the ability to do this for 2 days.

I also need, now that I have a little time, to inform all the authorities that Julie has passed but I suppose I will have to leave that until Wednesday now when I have the 'Death Certificates' in my hand.

I need to go out and buy myself some trousers and a shirt for the funeral as I only have black attire that I have used on a couple of funerals but Julie wanted a 'colourful' funeral, no black, so looks like George and/or F&F will get a visit from me today or tomorrow :)

I had been thinking of what I could do with Julie's jewellery over the past few days to which I have decided upon this morning... I will arrange everything in her black jewellery box and will give it to the funeral director to be placed inside the coffin with Julie. I know, considering everything that has (or has not) happened that Julie would have agreed with me...

Dave X

OH... Just in case anyone is wondering... I will close this (or ask for it to be closed) thread immediately after after I have said my goodbyes to Julie at the cremation service on Tuesday 30 August 2016

Dave X

Update...

Finally, I have the Death certificate... Nothing to do now until the day of the service, next Tuesday. It has been a harrowing past week but I got there in the end and all on my own too.

-
Update - Wed 24/08/2016...

I have decided that with Julie's jewellery I am not going to get it cremated with Julie (as I said the other day (I were mad at the time)) as I will never know if it all got cremated, so what I am going to do is weigh all the gold and stones in, get as much as I can for it then donate half to the MNDA and the other half to the Alzheimer's Association... This way I know where the jewellery and the money has gone.

I am sorry for your lose Dave. You did an Awesome Job in caring for your wife :) I am so proud of you!!
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Love you Brother,

BigRob

Thank you Big Rob...

I only did what it was I needed and wanted to do. Life is hard right now but I have been told many times over that it will get easier... I just wonder when this is going to happen...

I know it is early days right now for me but I always live in hope...

Dave X

-

I have decided that with Julie's jewellery I am not going to get it cremated with Julie (as I said the other day (I were mad at the time)) as I will never know if it all got cremated, so what I am going to do is weigh all the gold and stones in, get as much as I can for it then donate half to the MNDA and the other half to the Alzheimer's Association... This way I know where the jewellery and the money has gone.

That's lovely Dave. I think Julie would appreciate that.

V

So sorry for the lose of your wife Julie. May your memories get you through this grief-stricken time.

Within the next hour I have Julie's eulogy reader stopping by so we can discuss what will be read at Julie's crematorium service.

I intend to celebrate Julie's life with my 28 years of knowledge of her, again, it is a pity that it has come down to only myself taking part in this last thing that can be done for my wife, a mother and a grandmother...

Dave, I have been so inspired by you. There is hardly a day I don't think of you
Or have you in my prayers.. I believe if it were possible everyone one the forum that knew you and Julie
Would be there by your side. Helping you, loving you and walking beside through all of this.
there are no words for me to express how you and Julie have touched my life. I
know I have a long hard road ahead, I only pray I will be as patient, loving and strong as you have been when my husband
needs me to fully care for him. Much heartfelt love for you and big hugs.
K. Marie

Well... That's me done until the day of the service (Tuesday).

I will publish Julie's Eulogy in the afternoon / evening of the service. For now I am taking a time out (for me) as I need to have some me time. There is literally nothing more I can do for Julie at this point.

So, back on Tuesday afternoon.

:)

Dave X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back