Disease progression halted in rat model of Lou Gehrig's disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally Did you see The recent release Of 100 beagles By the united states From china These dogs Have never step Outside of their cages They showed them on tv And they were So timid No wonder they Have such Sad eyes

No Toto I didn't, my involvement was back in the 80's with dogs and chimps in MD, cancer and AIDS research. Not good memories.

This probably has no bearing on anything, but I was on Minocyclene for a few years before I got sick with a weird virus in Aug 08... went off of it to see if I would get better (my liver was not looking right), and ended up a year and a half later with an ALS diagnosis.

Wow, Helen...hmmmm, very interesting though?

I am waiting and watching.............

Helen L - found your comment about having a weird virus prior to diagnosis interesting. Although I had some symptoms prior to having a flu virus, I wasn't disabled in any way.

my husband too had a flu-virus prior to symptom onset.

Use of doxycycline will not work in humans based on ion extrapolated from this article. If you read th article, th researchers have used a common gene expression system called. "tet-on, tet-off" which was inserted in these mouse in order to specifically regulate the gene in question ( ie to turn it on an off) . Humans do NOT have this system in place and tetracycline antibiotics will not alter th gene expression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back