Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
Ct
City
Milford
Have any of you heard of a study done in Italy about the use of COQ10 in ALS? I saw my neuro at Columbia University yesterday and she said that they have finished a small study in Italy with 16 patients using high doses of COQ 10 against a group of 50 or so patients (I forgot the number) not using it. In the group using the COQ 10, no one died over a 15 month period and progression of the disease was slowed noticebly. She said the study results are being announced next week! She suggested that I start on 400 mg daily in the meantime. The people in the study were using about 1700 mg daily. I have read about a study done on mice, but not humans. I am already using COQ10 for heart disease, but not at these amounts. Something to look forward to!
Linda

I wonder if she has it confused with the Lithium study. Seems coincidental that the numbers you quote are very similar to the numbers for the Lithium study and why all of a sudden are the Italians the only ones coming up with these breakthroughs?
AL.

Al, I have no idea. I did ask her about lithium and she told me that there are too many side effects. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. That is how everthing is ..wait and see, it seems.
I think I will look up the lithium study.
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back