Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Cincinnati
I started with calf twitch in early Nov 2018. After visiting google I went down the rabbit hole. I had a few clinicals which were completely clean. I began to accept and move on.

In March of this year I started experiencing pain in my neck, down the side of my arm, with some numbness. I had an MRI which (in short) showed some marked narrowing in my cervical region on the right side c5-7. Went back to the neuro and the first thing he did having seen the MRI was strength test. Sure enough, he could easily push my right arm down. Did an EMG and NCS. EMG showed increases insertional activity and 1+ PSW in one or two muscles. Left side was OK. NCS was normal (this freaks me out, I've read NCS is normal when diagnosing MND). EMG conclusion was moderate, active, cervical radiculopathy.

I accepted that, although a dirty EMG and weakness was upsetting given my previous worry. I also have had twitching in the deltoid and triceps - same areas. Anyway, I tried to do a pushup today and my right arm is still super weak. It practically buckled. Light weights on the right side - can barely do 3. What concerns me is the pain has subsided to some degree over the last week.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I've read how MND can be misdiagnosed as cervical radiculopathy.

What treatment did you have for your cervical radiculopathy? If it isn’t helping you should be revaluated but nothing you have reported sounds like you have reason to doubt the diagnosis you have

Go back to your doctor

I've tried stretching/exercises and some naproxen. As mentioned, I've been a on a pain free trend for a week but my right arm very weak. The EMG was normal on the left side, but the right side showed increased insertional act, 1+ PSW and some fibs.

With increased twitching in those areas, I'm getting myself worked up now.

Again nothing is inconsistent with your diagnosis including the emg. Go see a doctor

And ask the doc about PT so you can get the most out of exercises and stretching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back