Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
IN
City
Rochester
My husband has been in the Ceftriaxone trial now for almost a year. Still getting weaker, but could be the placebo. He has had no side effects. Our clinic coordinator said they still need 31 people to complete this study for the phase 3. We live in Indiana.
The primaprixole study is already full and they possibly want to start another.
Already had to turn away people. My husband didn't qualify for the primaprixole trial.
That study will finish before the Ceftriaxone trial. So depressing that this is still dragging on until we find out if we have the drug or not. Is anyone out there feeling
better or seeing any stop or slowing in their progression. Just curious how long some
other people have been in the Ceftriaxone trial and how they are doing. Thanks!

I have been on the Ceftriaxone for 20 weeks. I too have had no side effects. I've had some progression, but not a lot. After reading about some success with NP001, I thought about dropping out and trying to get into that trial. The more I thought about it, it makes more sense to stay in this one since the others are filling up faster. The more people participating in different trials, the sooner we'll get positive results from somewhere. My doctor tells me , " when we find something that works, it will be available to everyone." Just being in a study has the benefit of seeing the doctor and nurses on a regular basis and getting excellent care. Hang in there! (((((hugs))))

Hi. I started the Ceftriaxone trial August 12, but had to take a couple of weeks off due to elevated liver enzymes. We think the elevation was due to the Rilutek. Labs are now WNL and I'll resume the trial on Wednesday. I had my first yeast infection in a decade so felt pretty sure I was getting the real drug. Keeping my fingers crossed that my liver will behave and I can continue on the trial. Heard some anecdotal reports that one patient in the trial for over a year had had no decrease in strength. Hard to say, since we all seem to progress at such different rates. Good luck to you guys.
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back