Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NO
State
NO
City
Viken
Sorry for my poor English. I will do my best to write in English.
Struggled with health anxiety since 2015, but for a few years it was better. After March 2019, it has been completely bad again ... then I thought I had a tumor on the brain, bowel cancer and various other things for several months. Stressed and cried me to sleep. Also lost a baby in my womb at this time, which did not make me less stressed and sore. In July 2019 twitching began to come. Everywhere. Mass in the bones. Legs. Buttocks. Thumbs. Eyes. Thought als. Father-in-law died of this. He did not experience twitching, but that the foot did not work one day. I know that twitching may be linked to ALS.
And it has given me total anxiety.
This has marked my life EVERY day for over a year. Maybe it was most twitching in one leg and then it was forward with the measuring tape on that leg. Damn, it might have looked thinner too. But where I think it looks like 7 cm difference, it shows 0.5 cm difference and that is how it has been for many months now. But to me it looks thinner and thinner. The Leamus is still there. I hardly sleep ... my husband is completely devastated to hear about me and my anxiety. He has been with me to the doctor in both July and August last year. In May this year and now October. Been to two different doctors. In total 8 times. They tested me neurologically, reflekses, and I managed all the movements. They think the twitching comes from my high stress level with anxiety. The same is true of the doctors I have written to on the internet + neurologist on the internet. He wrote that the muscle had not become thin BEFORE movement problems anyway and that we humans are not symmetrical. But is this true? Can't I get muscle wasting (athrofi) first? IF there was muscle wasting, would the muscle quickly become much thinner then?
So one of my legs is a little thinner.
Extremely much twitching here and there all the time.

My husband says I'm really sick of anxiety now and he's so tired of me.....

Have several here struggled with a lot of twitching???
And NOT had als?

Can any of you give me any good advice? Or reassure me?

I feel like I am being eaten up by anxiety or als ..... I feel like I am going to die .... I am completely devastated ... crying every day. Had twitching for 1.5 years. Have been testing my movements everyday at Home in 1 year... can anxiety do all this to me? Can I trust the doctors? I have not seen an neurologist, but two doctors. They will not send me to one because they say that my symptoms is from anxiety. I am 31 year old and woman.

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby. As for people who have been twitching without ALS- about 99% of people who come here with fears of ALS because of twitching, do not have it. Those who do twitch have had a loss of function, which is the true hallmark of ALS, not twitching. Twitching alone means nothing and everyone is asymmetrical. Plus, muscle wasting happens AFTER loss of function.

As for your health anxiety and feeling like you're going to die, please get help for that ASAP. Not to sound dismissive, but you are in the wrong place here. No one here is equipped to deal with the emotional fallout of someone's health anxiety. The forum members have far too much going on to play counselor. That is something you need to address with a professional. Not tomorrow, but today. Please, for your sake and those around you, get help. You are actually very blessed to have a treatable condition; others here would give anything for that. Again, you do not need to be here.

Do take good care

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. I will try to remember what you wrote to me. My doctor also said that muscle wasting happens AFTER loss of function. But is that something i really can trust? Muscle wasting never ever comes first? I have normal function. Just feels like the leg is smaller Than the other.

I'm sorry for the losses of your baby and father-in-law. Sometimes our bodies respond to trauma in a way that is out of proportion. The mind is very powerful. But you are not at the mercy of this; there is help.

Since wasting comes after the nerves die, you can see why it is unlikely that there would be no weakness first. And no, we are not symmetrical.

I agree that finding counseling for your health anxiety is the most likely thing to help you feel better. Your physician is probably waiting for you to express willingness to try this. You might have a couple of false starts with it, but you can improve. This is no place for you -- the answers are where you are.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back