Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NV
City
Las Vegas
Hello everyone! And thank you in advance for any and all time, opinions and feedback you choose to give me.

I am a 48 year old female. And I originally found my way to a neurologist after a very lengthy road trying to explain what was happening. I never was really worried about ALS because it has been years of symptoms and I figured ALS would have moved faster.

I had an ankle injury 10-15 years ago and over the years that left ankle when it was tired (specifically the muscle on the outside of my calf) would quit on me. I always figured I had a weak ankle. In the past 4.5 years I have gone to my obgyn thinking I was approaching menopause because I had fatigue that was debatable. Tests showed hormones fine but they gave me some anyway. I used them but it didn’t seem to help and the fatigue got better. Then I ended up going to a rheumatologist because my hands were struggling and painful. I thought maybe some autoimmune disease but those tests also came back negative. Then 6 months ago my other leg, same muscle- the one on the outside of my calf quit working. And I noticed I kept tripping. I blamed the kind of shoes.

I have numbness, tingling and burning in my feet. It feels like I have an ace bandage that’s too tight on my right foot.

I have two neurologists but have only had EMG/NCS and lower back MRI. I have not gotten results from EMG back. (Early September).

I have wondered if it was MS but both neuros said they didn’t think I needed a brain MRI.

Two weeks ago, the weakness from my right side has moved up to my hamstring. It has made it difficult to walk but it’s painful and feels like I hurt myself.

The internet, as we all know, is full of plenty of advice and information but what lead me to this forum was my latest symptom which I can not find any information about.

On the leg with the hamstring issues I started twitching a lot in my bottom. Basically google anal twitching and let’s not even talk about what shows up!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

So while I am aware it could be many different things and I hope that for anyone worried about being sick it turns out that way.

But I am so thrown by this twitching!!

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you so much!!

Hi there-

Sorry you find yourself here. I am thinking you looked up twitching and were served up the worst possible scenario from Dr Google- who is not a real doctor, and doesn't even play one on TV...

The EMG will hopefully provide you with some more information. Because twitching can have so many different causes, it's pretty difficult for people to speculate what might be the issue. It's good you're under the care of a neurologist- have they indicated what direction they're looking with regards to your symptoms? When you say weakness- is this clinical weakness identified by your doctors?

Once again, sorry you have cause to be searching, and hopefully you will get some answers in Sept from your neuro and EMG results.

Thank u so much for your reply!

My drs have really refrained from wanting to speculate whatever they think is going on. I know they’re concerned. My first neurologist made a point of how badly my balance, weakness and muscle fatigue was. I don’t think they want to scare anyone and I get that.

They have done eeg as well and Lyme testing. Have had seizures in the past but years ago. And i always attributed them to work/stress/medication issues.

My weakness is like when I wear heels and once my legs decide they’re done they just give out. I bring flip flops wherever I go if i am wearing heels. So I can still walk. Just not on my top toes.

My pcp was the only dr that ventured a theory and he was very hesitant about even mentioning he was thinking MS.

I know there’s no answers and I am just guessing right now. Which is why i truly appreciate your response. I know I won’t know anything for awhile.

It’s just hard waiting for months and with symptoms that are a bit scary.

Will follow up in sept! (5h and 8th) to get the results. They have pushed me through 3 emg’s in a month. Which is a bit nerve wracking.

Thank u again!!

They have pushed you through 3 EMGs in a month. ? If so... what was the results?
Summary/Conclusion at the bottom of the report.

Your work/stress/medication issues, as you wrote concerning seizures, can also
contribute to the twitching you wrote of previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back