00/0000
Country
UK
State
NI
City
Bel
Hello,
I don’t wish to be insensitive to anyone diagnosed. I am here with a genuine concern, anxiety, panic and while waiting on tests it’s the only place I feel I can talk to people who have all shared this terrifying fear.

If this is triggering to you please ignore. My symptoms have been ongoing for a few months. Hand twitching and spasms that have increased to numerous every day.
These twitches can go up my arms and shoulders. My palmar brevis also spasms a lot on both hands. Continuous twitching and spasm for 8 hours a few days ago. Toe twitching and calf twitching has been noticed for about 2/3 weeks.
Bloods done and all normal
Doctor has referred me to neurology.
Has anyone ever heard of twitching like this that is not als when vitamin deficiency and other blood checks has been ruled out?
Doctor tested for carpal tunnel but said it didn’t present as it.
I’m hopeful there could be another explanation but this twitching and spasms have me so so worried. Would I have muscle weakness by now alongside the twitching if it was als?

It can certainly be other things. It probably is. The hallmark of ALS and the usual presenting symptom is clinical weakness which you say you don’t have. Twitching is most commonly benign and there are many many people with it. There are groups for people in your situation on reddit miscle twitch and alsornot are two if you need to talk to people while you wait for your appointment

Thank you, The twitching today has been ongoing at the base of my thumb, side of my face and forearms. It’s so hard to stop thinking of ALS when these twitches just do not let up!! 😫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back