Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
City
London
Hi Everyone,

I hope this finds everyone well at this time.

I am hoping for some thoughts and support.

I am a 37 year old female. I have had muscle twitches across various body parts for many years among other neurological symptoms (dizziness, fogginess, vertigo episodes, etc). 5 years ago I saw a neurologist for my twitches and other symptoms. I had two MRIs, a lumbar puncture, vestibular testing, etc., which all came back normal. I also had an EMG on my arms and legs which was clear.

Fast forward to today, I am now experiencing twitching in my tongue which I can feel and see (I had mild ones 5 years ago on exam), and I feel it has become harder to speak. My tongue feels tired, but also raw and sore, and I sometimes get a "lump" sensation in my throat. No issues with swallowing. No weakness or other symptoms - but since the tongue issues have been going on for a few weeks now, I am concerned.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Hi there-

Please make to read here: Read Before Posting
In the link above it explains why all you list points away from ALS. Twitching is a very common symptom, like coughing, and is not used to diagnose ALS. ALS has other hallmark symptoms that you do not list- you have a whole bunch of sensory issues, which point in another direction. A visit to the doctor would definitely help you figure out next steps if you haven't already made an appointment.

Please take care

Thank you kindly for your reply and this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back