Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Hi, all, first I want to say what a helpful and supportive site this is. It has answered a fair amount of my question already. I'm a 42yo female was wondering if dizziness and/or vertigo was something people experienced early in ALS or later? I have some symptoms that might be ALS (going to a neuro in 3 weeks) but others that make me think it's not. Dr Google has been very little help, as dizziness is obviously a common symptom of other things as well. Some other symptoms I have had are muscle weakness in left arm and legs (just weakness, no failure), twitches (all over body), feeling like my body is too heavy for my skeleton, and then the vertigo and dizziness. I've dropped a few glasses, but haven't really tripped or fallen, just feeling kind of jelly-legged, I guess. I've read the stickies and understand the twitches aren't a big symptom but I thought I'd ask about the vertigo in light of the other things. Mainly I am trying to prep for my neuro visit to make sure I ask all the questions I need to. Thanks for all that you do here.

No, dizziness is not a feature of ALS onset. Your description sounds systemic if anything, so if the neuro doesn't see an issue, I'd go back to your GP and ask about labs for inflammation, infection, and a metabolic panel. They might also refer you to an ENT because some kinds of dizziness relate to the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back