Symptoms last 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Kim. You are very thoughtful and kind person.

My magnesium is in range and I supplement and use a lotion. The fatigue today was debilitating. Just driving for an hour left me with cramping hand and foot. It’s really looking like I have this disease and it’s insane that 5 weeks ago I was playing tennis and athletic as can be with good stamina. I now can barely sleep even with Xanax and wake up sweating. I don’t really see what else can be causing this as I have done all my blood tests to show I don’t have common problems or sicknesses. I guess going to an ortho for an EMG was a really bad move. I did a 1.5 mile hike yesterday on pretty flat ground and did okay but today I feel so weak like I could collapse at any moment. This is literally 5 weeks from onset of first symptom. I guess it can just be completely dormant in some people for years. Every story I read shows that people develop an issue that they notice and slightly alarms them but it’s a slow burn. I am now dreading going to more doctors

Using Xanax for sleep long-term is a fool's errand for a generally healthy person. It doesn't promote normal sleep and leaves you sedated, not to mention building tolerance.

You have a normal EMG and nothing that sounds like ALS, so if you need professional help to let go of these fears, it's time to get it. All the electrolytes, not just Mg, can play into cramps, as can postviral syndromes, the wrong kind of exercise, muscle tears, etc. I would follow up with your PCP as regards postviral assessment, ways to improve the cramps, etc., but there is NOTHING that suggests it's "really looking" like ALS. The opposite is true.

Well things are getting worse. Atrophy visible in hands right where it’s cramping. And my calf is atrophying right off the bone where I have 24/7 fascics. Appointment set up with ALS clinic… looks like I’m out of luck

Plus weakness in the leg. It burns when I walk or do things with it. No drop foot but you can see the connective tissue loss. I’m in a deep depression

If you have continued concerns about your symptoms, please return to your doctor. We've really provided all we can here with regards to information and reassurance. It does seem as though this is insufficient to set your fears to rest, so it might be a good idea to reread Laurie's reply to you and speak with your doctor about seeking some extra support.

I will be closing this thread in the hopes that will encourage you to leave your focus on ALS behind. Please don't start another.

Take care

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back