Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
DE
State
RP
City
Baumholder
Hello everyone just looking for information. I am a 41 year old male serving in the Army. I went to the emergency room middle of January for neck and shoulder pain. I was sent home with some muscle relaxers and told I will be fine in a day or two. Two days later woke up in excruciating pain all down my right arm into my fingers. I made an appointment for next day and was checked for heart attacks and stroke. I was sent for MRI a week ago these were the results:
1. Stenosis of spinal canal of cervicothoracic region
Pt informed of MRI results with the following:
-"Focal moderate spinal canal narrowing at C6-7, slightly eccentric to the
right. There is associated T1/T2 hypointense linear signal abnormality which is
ventral to the cord at this level and extends inferiorly to T1. This may
represent flow artifact from focal moderate stenosis at C6-7.
-Alternatively, hypertrophy of the posterior longitudinal ligament, without calcification, is possible. Partially empty sella turcica. This is commonly an asymptomatic and incidental normal variant, caused by an incomplete diaphragma sella"
-Referral to Neurosurgery placed for further evaluation and treatment of the above mentioned findings on MRI. Since then I have had muscle twitched all over my body and now my upper lip. I also have noticed myself my speech has been slow or slurred. On my right hand my pointer finger is still numb. I am waiting to see the neurosurgeon next week. I also have muscle weakness on my right side. Most concerning is the muscle twitches all over my body and my upper lip and nose.

The twitches and numbness could align with the spinal canal narrowing and damage described. After you see the neurosurgeon, we always advise a second opinion for any life-changing recommendation or diagnosis, which would include spine surgery. or injections. But I'm glad you're getting this looked into, so as to prevent or slow any further damage.

If no one else has noticed a speech issue, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd imagine your stress could have affected your sleep, for example.

I see no reason to worry about ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back