Not open for further replies.

Lottathat

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello every one 25 year old African American male . I started out a month who with weakness and twitching in both arms and legs mainly my Right then then It spread to my left side . PCP said I have no clinical weakness and ran all type of blood test came back normal and referred me to neurologist which we did out visit through video . He straight up without me asking ruled out a few diseaseses and of them was Als . Now I have noticed my chin and lips started twitching have become weak/numb with shortness of breath and I’m twitching in my abdomen and Diaphragm . Does this seem like something I should push to be seen in office for ?

(Closed for multi-id. You need to seek anxiety support instead of pestering ALS forums)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

We do ask that folk read here: Read Before Posting to make sure they have all the info.

It's not clear what the trouble might be, but ALS doesn't seem to be on the table. Twitching without clinical weakness points elsewhere. Whether you should push for an in-person clinical exam with a neuro is up to you, but it's not clear your trouble is even neurological in nature- it may be both a waste of time and money. If you're super concerned, your best bet is to return to your gp to discuss options and next steps. They would be better able to assess where to look next.

Take care

Shortness of breath should be seen in person by your PCP or whoever s/he recommends. I would portal them and list (1) what you saw them for (2) what is gone, better or worse since then (3) what is new since then. Be specific -- not "shortness of breath" but concrete things you can no longer do without becoming winded, etc., how long the breathlessness lasts when you do X, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back