Not open for further replies.

cdani

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello everyone, thank you for letting me join this loving community, thank you pals, thank you caregivers, and everyone else here supporting.

Humbly, I'm only looking for reassurance.

I'm a 32 year old male,

Back in March I was having severe anxiety about having lung cancer/rabies/als, which lead to mental crisis and recovery. During which I had a whole slew of symptoms which 90% of them have resolved with antidepressants and abilify.

The symptoms that have brought me here today started in April and are twtiching that is in both calfs, both feet, both shoulders, biceps, and eyelid feels like it's squeezing. Sometimes they feel like they come and go or just become less noticeable. Lately my tongue feels heavy and like it's sticking. My whole body also has this weird sticking sensation. I've been getting cramps on and off in my left bicep and right calf, one day my ankles cramped as well. I've got fatigue, but was also diagnosed with severe sleep apnea recently which also has me worried about breathing. Forearms have been feeling weaker and legs have been feeling weaker but no atrophy.

I've lost a considerable amount of weight from the mental illness (so belived) from 270lbs in October to 229lbs as of today, this I like to belive is the cause of the weird weakness sensations I've been having.

I want to say everything is painful or uncomfortable, it's like my body feels like one giant toothache.

If anything the weird tongue sensations and cramping recently have me concerned to the point of posting.

I had an emg of the legs and it was clean, other blood tests have come back clean, mri, ct scans, all clean.

These weird sensations have me freaked out and More so since they have persisted.

Thanks again everyone, I greatly appreciate everything, truly.

Hello-

Please read here: Read Before Posting. What you will read there will make it pretty clear ALS is not the issue here.

I'm not going to lie, your post has Health Anxiety painted all over it. ALS is not the only condition you have feared, it seems, only a more recent one.

You've been cleared of ALS by a clinical exam and via EMG. You talk about feeling things- sensory issues- and not any of the hallmark, clinically detectable symptoms that come with ALS. I am not sure what more can be done to convince you ALS is not on the table here. Do read the link provided above though- hopefully it will give you a push in the right direction.

I am thinking you have visited here to scratch the anxiety itch and to seek relief via reassurance. This is not a long lasting type of relief- that will only come when you have proper tools to deal with the underlying anxiety. For that, you must seek care from a more appropriate source- a therapist or someone qualified to help you work through what is really going on.

Please take care.

Thank you, I will take this to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back