00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Temecula
Hello,
I started having progressive muscle weakness on my left side. I didn’t notice it at first I thought I was just having trouble walking. I went to the doctor and it was found that my left leg was weak, left arm was weak and I had foot drop. Went to first neurologist and they ruled out MS, Stroke, MG and EMG/nc was normal. Second neurologist found same left sided weakness and some weakness in right wrist and also clonus of my left foot and clonus of the torso area-stomach muscle/diaphram confirmed by the neuro. He did another EMG and NCS and said he got all the data he needed and now I am waiting for the results. The EMG had tick tock sound with resting muscles in right foot, spine area and a ton of noise for the left side that I don’t know anything about. I am hoping it will just be neuropathy but I am worried about the foot drop and clonus.
Does any of this point towards als or can I relax?

It would be unusual for ALS to present as you describe, on both sides and in upper/lower limbs all at once, following (somewhat closely, I presume) a normal EMG. Foot drop and clonus can mean many things.

You should know more soon, but the odds still seem in your favor against ALS.

That’s good but the weakness is not in both sides it’s only the left. But I feel assured. It’s hard waiting for results.

Unfortunately you will have to wait for your results. If you have a patient portal they should be posted there. so it will probably be soon. Please let us know

got results back no neuropathy at this time. He wants to monitor and check back in 6 months unless new symptoms present or things get weaker. I am realizing I have clonus in my jaw not just my foot and torso. Most things ruled out now. And the weakness is spreading to right leg. So maybe they missed something. I will have to wait and see.

Back