A Strange Dream

Thank you Mary.

DD's wedding was beautiful. Everything went well. I did my speech and received many compliments on it. DSIL's father could not do his speech following mine. His words were "how do you follow a speech like that".

I did a very quick and hardly justice overview of DH based upon DD's age. At 10 her dad started limping, at 13 he was dx with ALS, at 16 he was trached and vented and spent the next 8 years fighting his battle. I then related a couple of stories about DSIL when they had started dating and how he wasn't afraid when she told him about her dad, and how at just 2 months into their relationship he stayed at the viewing even though he didn't know anyone. I related that he was the type of man I wanted for my daughter. I also thanked his parents for the way they raised him into the man he is today. He had tears in his eyes. He thanked me later, I told him everything was from the heart.

It was a wonderful day. They enjoyed their honeymoon as well.

Now I still have a bedroom full of gifts they could not fit in their car, and things in my basement as well. And I am exhausted.

My Admin is on vaca this week and it's been crazy busy. I go on vacation to my friends in FL next week and i cannot wait. I so need this vacation.

Hugs all

Reactions: rmt
I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the house, Sue, even if you didn't see them all.

All best wishes for the health and happiness of your DD and DSIL.

And have a wonderful time away!

--Laurie

How lovely Sue. I'm tearing up just reading this.

V

Sue, I am so glad the wedding went well and that your daughter and son in law are happy. I admire your strength to give your speech. I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida!

Thank you Laurie, V and Mary. It was a lovely time and now I am very ready for my vacation.

Mary as we all did with caring for our spouses, when it came to the speech, I did what I had to do since Brian was not here to do it.

Hugs

I see another month has come and gone. It's been busy. I did go on vacation and then had my colposcopy. All is well with my health.

The newlyweds are doing well. I am actually going to their home for Thanksgiving and DSIL's parents and sister will be there as well. They wanted to have a big family Thanksgiving, however my DS and family have used up their vaca time and cannot come.

We will all be together for Christmas though.

Hugs

Hi All,

Wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful week. I will be headed to DD's. It will be nice to visit them for a change this year.

Hugs,

Thanksgiving will DD was wonderful.

However, being home is not good. This week is not good. Thursday will be 5 years since losing Brian. I cannot believe it has been 5 years. It seems like yesterday and also a lifetime ago. Not sure if it is because it is the 5th year, but this evening has been horrible. I keep replying the last minutes of his life, over and over. I can't get it out of my head. I pray once Thursday is past that it will go away.

Have a great week all.

Sue, I will be thinking about you, especially on Thursday. This week I am 9 months out and this has been the fastest 9 months of my life, so I can imagine that 5 years would seem like it has gone fast as well. And the years living with Paul with the ALS can be a blur. I aged so much during this time and lost so much conditioning. I use to be faithful about exercising, but find myself becoming a couch potato and replaying the marriage in my head. And the evenings when I am tired are the worst. I hope you have a favorite movie you can watch on Thursday. I am hooked on On So It Goes with Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton.

Thank you Mary.

Yes, the 14 year of Brian having ALS also aged me. I too am still out of condition. I get exercise in, just not in any regular fashion. I keep trying to change that. My worst thing is trying to eat my feelings - definitely NOT good.

It does ease up as time goes by, but there are still those certain days that are still really tough to navigate, like birthday, death day, anniversary and some holidays.

I'm not really a movie watcher, but I will read or knit, my 2 got to calming activies.

Hugs

Merry Christmas everyone. I pray you all can find some joy in this holiday. It isn't always easy, but our PALS would want us to move forward.

Hugs

Happy New Year Everyone!

It's been a rough week. Our 39th anniversary would have been this past Friday. Times like these I miss Brian more than I can say. I pushed through and I'm ok now. I will tear up a bit, but not as bad as earlier in the week. Will this ever end? I have no idea.

I hope everyone is doing well.

hugs

Made it through last week, then this week had to attend the funeral of Brian's Aunt. She was 97, she lived a very good life. Parts of the service were hard, but we went as a family and good times were had with relatives we don't see very often.

Life marches on. Came home to a house full of skunk. My Shep got skunked. DS and a friend did their best to get her and the house de-skunked, not easy to do. Spent today trying myself. It's better, but not complete.

Hang in there everyone,

Back