Pumba9993

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello Everyone,

First of all, like many other users (and also someone who works in Home Care) I’m very grateful for this forum and the support it provides. Thank you in advance for your help, and for the help many of you provide so many others.

Before I start, I did read the rules and pinned posts. There is a lot of conflicting information online, so I’m just another user seeking reassurance.

I’m a 30 y/o female. Relevant medical history would include Kawasaki syndrome (as an infant) anxiety and depression, and intermittent chronic anemia/low platelets. Oh, and some chronic digestive issues that aren’t diagnosed. Could be childbirth related. I have poor circulation, sometimes have Reynaudd in my hands… A lot of my problem is that I, like so many others, am shrugged off by doctors due to the anxiety piece. Moving on -

I have chronic weakness/lack of motivation. I saw my PCP about it. Chalked up to Depression. That’s fair. Recently I feel like it’s becoming more limb based. Like, it’s exhausting holding my arms up to do my hair. To walk. I’ve even had dreams where I can’t run. There’s also a feeling like my muscles are hyper extending?

At this time, I can move all my limbs and extremities as normal. It’s just exhausting to do so. Like, I have to sit and take a break while getting ready in the morning.

What’s concerning me is a development of full body twitching. It started in my upper lip, but now occcurs almost all day long in my legs (calf and thigh) my fingers, sometimes my feet, sometimes shoulders, eyelids… I just keep noticing more.

I’m practicing controlling my anxiety. I yesterday started taking magnesium, as well as GABA. I also have a PCP appointment next week.

Anyway, I know a lot of these concerns have been addressed but my concern is that I’m experiencing them together, and that the twitches appear to be spreading.

All of this said, do these sound like ALS concerns? Thanks so much in advance. And for your patience with yet another repetitive post.

No, they do not. Full-body twitching is pretty much a neon sign pointing away from ALS and toward any combination of poor sleep, stress, anxiety, postviral syndromes, and any chronic digestive/circulation issues as you identify that could be affecting your nutrition and hydration.

I would make sure you have a good PCP (F/GP, IM, NP, PA) that is willing to work with you on sorting out what's controllable and what's not. It sounds like that person might not be on your team as yet, but it's worth beating the bushes and your network to find them.

I appreciate you so much. I’ll keep this in mind going into my doctors appointment next week. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back