Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Springfield
I don’t really know where else to go for help or advice. So I’m back here. If I could personally reach out and not make a big post I would but I’m not sure how. I’m currently losing it. The twitching, burning, stiffness, aching, weight loss, buzzing, itching and pain is unsettling. My right shoe feels looser compared to my left foot. Also when I wake up in the morning and I take big yawns and big stretches my upper body twitches or flutters like crazy. My most concerning symptom is with my right thigh. Whenever I flex my arms or tense up my upper body my right inner thigh muscle twitches or spasms simultaneously and doesn’t go away until I stop flexing or let up. I have no idea what it could be and it’s scarring the hell out of me. Does anyone know what this could be?

Last thread Back again after 2 years

You had a negative emg your last post. This has been going on for years. I don’t think you have ALS or anything like it. You really need to work with your doctor and work on destressing too. We do ALS here and that isn’t your issue

In no universe is a twitching inner thigh in isolation a sign of ALS, but there are probably some dietary/sleep adjustments to try. And many of have feet that do not match up!

When you are more concerned about what "it could be" than actually impaired in your daily activities, that is a sign that probably "it" (or multiple "its") is going to be amenable to lifestyle changes ahead of clinical therapeutics. That's a good thing, but it does mean getting your hands dirty -- adjusting the factors you can control and staying off the medical internet, where the focus is most often on what you can't.

Start a food/sleep/exercise/stress/twitch diary if it helps, but start with the sleep data you can get from a wearable, see what you can do to make it better, and I'll bet that takes you a long way.

There's no shame in getting counseling to help you navigate your issues and the stress they cause. I've done it, both before and after I was diagnosed. I have a heart arrhythmia and have had counseling several times for it.

Besides that you can take care of your general health by eating healthy, getting plenty of water, laying off caffeine and processed food, meditating, and getting enough sleep.

You don't need to be here but there are professionals who can help you.

Back