Valerie
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Valerie,
    thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I don't think any of us really know how to deal with a loved one loosing so much of themselves to this terrible disease. I am glad this place exists for us all to find people we share things in common with. Everyone I have met here is so helpful and positive. I hope your Mom is having a good day.
    Hi Valerie! Thank you for getting back to me. I am glad to have you as an ALS friend and advisor. Love, Mary :)
    Hi Valerie! I am new here to the blog as my 85-year-old mom was diagnosed with ALS in Dec 2010 and I am the youngest (at 45) of her 4 children and the only one who lives in state. She is in a board and care home just 20 mins away which I am thankful for as they take good care of her. My problem is more the emotions of it all.....I know she wants me to be there as much as possible but sometimes it is so hard and depressing and I have 2 children (12 and 15) who love her SO much. She tells me all the time how she is "ready to go....and be with my dad and how she doesnt want to live like this" and it is so hard to hear as it is so hard to see her suffering when her mind is still 100%! I saw that it has been over a year since your mom dies....how kind of you to come back to the forum and help others who were once like you! :) Love, Mary
    Thank you for your compassion. I do appreciate that. It is so hard and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm trying but how do you. I don't know how long my mom has and it stinks that doctors can't tell you.
    Valerie, it is so wonderful to see that I am remembered by you. THANK YOU! Web is on the slippery down hill slide. It is soul difficult to stand by and watch the one you love die and know that all you can do is love them. And you my friend, how are you? Sending you love from the Praire, Kay Marie
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back