Not open for further replies.

Nattybat87

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi all, I first noticed this dent in my left leg in 2017 it was tiny and now it’s about this size. I have also intentionally lost weight (around 50lbs) so I’m not sure if it’s significant to its new size. In 2020 I was in a car accident affecting my right leg but during that time x-rays were done and an MRI, they didn’t see anything. I also had an ultrasound of it and said they saw no fluid or anything of note. I asked the surgeon and she said it could be from former trauma and since there was no weakness it’s pointing away from neurological. The sensation is strange, not painful per se, but just a buzzing feeling surrounding it in the past 4-6 months and I do get full body twitches. I can still do everything, I don’t feel weaker in my left side. I go to the gym 3x weekly (single leg squats are fine) spin 2x weekly and have no problems with walking. I can’t shake this feeling that something is seriously wrong with me given how this looks. Any advice is gladly accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I deleted your photos because they are not helpful. Only an actual physician can evaluate dents IRL and it sounds like yours has been duly evaluated. Of course, if any limits on function, or major changes in color or temperature arise, you should return.

You could also consider your positioning -- it could be that pressure is exacerbating the previous injury.

No, I can't relate this to ALS at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back