Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a 63 yr. old relatively active female. Last fall, I noticed I was stumbling over my right foot quite a bit. This was followed by needing to help my right leg into the vehicle and a loss of balance as I feel as though I will just fall over, especially when turning to the right. I now feel exhausted when walking as it feels like walking through mud. Basically, what begin as weakness in my foot has traveled up through my calf all the way past my thigh. Now I am having this in my arms, cannot even make the bed anymore. I have weakness but can function.

Six years ago, I had a C6 fusion, so I saw my neurosurgeon who ran tests ruling out anything structural as well as MS. He did find muscle weakness and hyporeflexia. An EMG came back showing nerve damage.

I don't see the neurologist until mid-July, and I am concerned with how fast things are getting worse.

Should I be concerned?

Thank you again for your time.
Ann

Please post the emg tables and summary ( remove identifying information first). Nerve damage is vague. If your emg was suspicious for ALS you should be able to be fast tracked to a neuromuscular clinic

I will request those results and post as soon as I receive them, thank you for the quick response.

Back