Not open for further replies.

Djones24

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Few months ago I started feeling short of breath for example had to sit down after vacuuming for a couple minutes . It seem to have resolved . Then i got fatigue all over body and limbs . Limbs seemed to be real heavy and tired . Then I started twitching everywhere . Then I noticed little things like dents in my hand near thumb. Noticeably weak left hand and left foot . After that my right arm seems to begin to fail . Lately which caused me real concern and to post this was bulbar symptoms .my neck is weak . Trouble holding head up .my jaw is weak . tongue is weak Having more difficulty talking and eating . and scalloped tongue and I’m starting to stutter a lot . I visited my doctor a few times over this whole ordeal and seen a neuro both said I’m fine after extensive blood work testing and neuro exam . Neuro didn’t look at my tongue when I visited him .
Could bulbar have been missed during exam . He used an instrument to hit my arm elbow knees and feet to test my reflexes . And tested my strength .

You are reporting symptoms in every area. 1 ALS doesn’t act like that. It starts in one place and spreads 2 you had a normal neuro exam. If you had all the symptoms you report there is no way the neuro could miss them 3 the neurologist is assessing you in ways you don’t even realize if you had trouble holding your head up they would have seen it at once ditto if your speech was affected.
If you think your symptoms are worse go see your pcp once more. They are fully competent to see if things are truly different or if it is your perception if they see a problem they can refer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back