Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hello, I've been having some symptoms that have led me to the neurologist. I've been having a lot of twitching in the jaw, chin, cheek, lip, and throat, neck and tongue area along with stiffness of tongue and some slurring words. I went to the neurologist and he looked at my tongue and my face and told me that he would rather schedule me for an EEG? He did perform an EMG, but in only one place near my mouth. (I had to convince him to test somewhere in my bulbar area because he did not want to for some reason) He lightly jabbed the needle in once, told me to pucker my lips, then took it out and said I was fine.
I'm wondering if he even did any of this correctly or did it in correct muscle in my face. I thought he was supposed to test my tongue, chin, or jaw?
I will be trying to go back to another neurologist but in the meantime I thought I could ask some of you guys.
Thank you guys!

Moved to correct subforum. Last two threads here:

Both those threads were closed, as it was clear you were struggling to be able to believe your doctors, the emg results and the efforts of the members here. This forum is NOT a place to keep visiting whenever you feel anxious- please visit with your doctors and speak to them about your overwhelming fear of ALS.

Joe, what is it going to take?

"He lightly jabbed the needle in once, told me to pucker my lips,
then took it out and said I was fine. Said you were fine !
There was no reason to test any further.

You have posted 13 messages from a previous Threads.

For your own sake... this Thread should be closed too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back