Lewey

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi all, thank you so much for taking time to read my post
i am a 56 yr old male from the uk . Over the last 6 months I have noticed my right arm has gone very weak and fasciculations all down my right arm . I visited my doctor who then referred me to a neurologist . I visited my neurologist who arranged for a nerve function test which I had today . She has also arranged an mri on my brain and spine which I have next Monday evening . As I said I had the nerve f t today .

Didn’t really get lo much feedback off the nurse apart from she said I definitely had some nerves which weren’t responding as they should . She said that her and the consultant needed to interpret the results and send to my neurologist .
Over the last month or two the Fasics are also in my other arm and legs . The weakness in my right arm is such that I really struggle putting a jumper on or even just trying to hold arm above head is a real struggle. My arms always feel tired sometimes my legs too.
any thoughts on my symptoms would be very much appreciated . Also do you think my neurologist would be in a position to diagnose after nft and mri results are in

Thank you so much for reading my post

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't answer if/when someone would be in a position to diagnose one of hundreds of neurological illnesses. That depends on your clinical presentation and history as well as the tests.

That said, ALS is not a condition of "feeling tired." So you could be looking at something systemic, something neuromuscular, needing more sleep, an injury that other muscles are trying to compensate for, who knows. Keep an open mind and it's a good time to evaluate all the surfaces that arm rests on, like your pillow, mattress, chair, sofa, driver's seat and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back