Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it " Roll out the barrels"? Or" there's 99 bottles of beer on the wall"?

Oh ! "Amazing Grace" .

ottawa girl, your memory serves you well. I am neither a sufferer nor a carer, lucky me, as you say. What you seem to have forgotten is the fact that I cared for my aunt, who had bulbar onset MND, until the very day she died. I was with her from before diagnosis when she first started slurring her words, I was with her during her diagnosis and until she took her last breath, lying in a hospice, unable to move, 16 months later. Lucky me?. How very remiss of you to have forgotten that small fact. Olly, your childishness does not surprise me as you have exhibited this trait before and had your posts removed. It is sad that you continue to behave this way and encourage others in your way of thinking. Very juvenile for a grown woman and a bad example to others. As I have tried, obviously in vain, to point out, this forum is in need of moderators. I do not have muliple identities here but the very fact that you accepted this statement without question says a lot. I invite David to check my details, including my email address and verify this. This forum needs to be regulated properly and frequently to bring it back to the standard it was when I first joined and could depend on it for reliable information from dependable people. Sadly, at the moment this is not the case either for myself (I at the moment have a friend with MND, if you read back you will learn this) or for others. So, if you could draw your tongues back into your mouths and stop wiggling your fingers at the sides of your heads and act like responsible adults, we can maybe get back on track. Have another read at the previous posts and ask yourselves if this is the way you really want to respond.

Seriously, Scotslassie, what are you trying to accomplish by starting this thread, aside from stirring up shit?

It's posts like yours that will drive people away from this forum, IMHO. I haven't logged on here in a while and reading your post is a real turn-off. I don't come here for negativity and insults. If you have nothing positive to contribute, why even bother? Why start a thread like this? It's not constructive in any way.

The gruesome threesome are throwing tantrums again. Just ignore them, once they have tossed their toys from their cots, they will calm down. They just haven't had enough attention lately.

Agreed aly.

Last edited:
Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

I'm singing with all my friends here. I am on the first verse of Yellow Submarine. But I am partial to Amazing Grace too.

Laurel

Oh I forgot why I never come here anymore and post. Now I remember.. Bad opinions should be kept to yourself as they do stir the pot..

I love anything from the Beatles. Yellow submarine is a good sing along song. Don't let anyone try to run you off joni51. There are alot more good people here than the bad.

It seems about every 45 days or so someone starts a thread of this sort. Yes, we all know we need moderators - I believe David has some challenges with requirements being met for moderators. All we can do is either volunteer to be a moderator (and stop just continuing to state the fact that we need them without being part of the solution) and go through the requirements necessary to become a moderator or continue as a member of this forum and post informative, upbeat, helpful, caring, social, friendly posts.

I have not been on this forum for a while.
This post and ones like it are exactly why I have not been.

I know, love and respect many posters on this thread, but lassie, seeing as you love to give your opinion, I'll give you mine.

I'm very disapointed you would start a thread like this, you seem to beg for attention,
like a spoiled little girl who would misbehave to get her parents attention.
What a waste of everyone's time this post has been.
How exactly are you helping by starting this?

I doubt I'll be back for a while longer, too bad really, I have a lot to offer.

Hope you're proud of yourself, attention received, mission accomplished.

Vickim no one has run me off, I just prefer no drama or games. If I can actually be of help to someone, my husband had Als for two years and went through alot. You can message me for help or questions.

CGrARS don't go away! I was glad to see you back. We should just ignore this crap when it start up. Honestly we were all doing so well until this damned thread appeared.

Joni sweetie good to see you! Your loving nature and sound advice is sorely needed.

Laurel

Hi everybody,don't get stirred by the spoon.
Dont feed the bears...........just take a look and stroll by quietly.

cgars,you get your backside back here were you belong or i'll come looking for you.

lassie and kiwi............STICKS AND STONES,STICKS AND STONES!.

And not posting because of threads like this...seems to give some what they may want?

Screw that :) I'll happily continue to offer whatever insights and help I can to all parts of the forum--including the DIHALS section...just like I have been doing for almost two years now and anyone who doesn't like it is free to put me on ignore :)

Wonder why David hasn't moved this to the rant thread....everyone needs a place to rant, I think....

Who exactly isn't performing to your standards, Lassie? (rhetorical question)

David is overwhelmed, I'm sure. Many that respond in the DIH section have ALS--or answer questions that they can answer. If there are people posting questions you feel you can help--whether it be a gentle boot in the butt or a suggestion to go see their GP or a neuro--why not simply do so?

Aly, Elaine, Ms.Pie and several more always reply to threads in the DIH section...Aly has been here forever and is a freaking neuro RN, Elaine and Ms.Pie have ALS--I think they are more than qualified to give their two cents on the DIH section.

I don't have ALS...I don't know what I have...but I took care of many with ALS...and will continue to answer whomever I feel I can hep in any way.

Hence my "Who is answering" that isn't qualified in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back