We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
The following bloggers are from our online community. If you'd like to post a blog feel free to participate. We'd love to hear from you.
20 most recent forum discussions
- Posting here also..... (2 minutes ago, 0 views, 0 replies)
- DIY Gravity feed bottle (2 hours ago, 15 views, 0 replies)
- 23 years old (2 hours ago, 35 views, 2 replies)
- more adaptive alterations posted! (2 hours ago, 19 views, 0 replies)
- Concerned and worried. (7 hours ago, 104 views, 3 replies)
- Feeling so scared and alone (10 hours ago, 161 views, 9 replies)
- atrophy' (10 hours ago, 148 views, 7 replies)
- Im sorry - but I have to ask (11 hours ago, 105 views, 3 replies)
- Daughter struggling with father's ALS (16 hours ago, 137 views, 3 replies)
- Updating since my thread was closed (22 hours ago, 246 views, 5 replies)
- Possibility (1 day ago, 213 views, 3 replies)
- 39yr old worried sick i might have als. (1 day ago, 252 views, 5 replies)
- Bulbar info needed (1 day ago, 237 views, 11 replies)
- brainstorm may offer stem cell treatment for fee (1 day ago, 104 views, 1 replies)
- the PEG and the pain and the right thing to do (2 days ago, 154 views, 7 replies)
- Frustrated with PALs learning he's not in control, I am. (2 days ago, 187 views, 6 replies)
- Sick and frustrated /pending diagnoses (2 days ago, 216 views, 6 replies)
- Rilutek Question (2 days ago, 104 views, 1 replies)
- New CAL (2 days ago, 158 views, 8 replies)
- Feeling helpless; friend's condition detriorating (2 days ago, 204 views, 4 replies)
- Global Market For Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2016 (5 days 19 hours ago)
- Scientists reverse protein clumping involved in ALS progression (1 week 5 hours ago)
- CBC Montreal Do Crew cheers on walkers raising money for ALS research (1 week 2 days ago)
- Self-Reported Depression in ALS: New Insights and Their Implications (1 week 2 days ago)
- Delaying Motor Neuron Loss (1 week 5 days ago)
- Applause: Cyclists ride for ALS support and research (1 week 5 days ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.