We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
20 most recent forum discussions
- New to the community - looking for help. (8 hours ago, 95 views, 2 replies)
- Symptoms persisting progressing. (8 hours ago, 110 views, 0 replies)
- Questions. (22 hours ago, 639 views, 38 replies)
- insurance question (23 hours ago, 122 views, 3 replies)
- Wife recently diagnosed (1 day ago, 242 views, 10 replies)
- A very strange question (1 day ago, 223 views, 8 replies)
- How to prepare (1 day ago, 188 views, 6 replies)
- Sister just diagnosed (1 day ago, 191 views, 8 replies)
- MOLST forms (2 days ago, 111 views, 1 replies)
- Worried about symptoms (2 days ago, 202 views, 5 replies)
- Ordering Wheelchair (2 days ago, 354 views, 18 replies)
- Invasive Trilogy Settings (2 days ago, 183 views, 4 replies)
- 17 years old and need reassurance. (3 days ago, 209 views, 1 replies)
- Mom with ALS (3 days ago, 160 views, 1 replies)
- Just looking for support. Does anybody have Cerebral Palsy AND MND' (3 days ago, 192 views, 2 replies)
- Mom update (3 days ago, 178 views, 5 replies)
- Stopping riluzole (3 days ago, 427 views, 16 replies)
- 24 and Terrified (3 days ago, 748 views, 18 replies)
- ALS Specialist denies pain related to disease (4 days ago, 414 views, 12 replies)
- Calf '' (4 days ago, 331 views, 5 replies)
- Protective molecule sidelined in models of ALS (1 week 22 hours ago)
- MNI scientists receive major funding for ALS research (1 week 1 day ago)
- Major ALS Research Funding Announced (1 week 2 days ago)
- Protective molecule sidelined in models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (2 weeks 22 hours ago)
- Brain implant helps woman with ALS communicate (2 weeks 5 days ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.