We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
The following bloggers are from our online community. If you'd like to post a blog feel free to participate. We'd love to hear from you.
20 most recent forum discussions
- Swallowing difficulties - ALS' (3 hours ago, 54 views, 1 replies)
- Tudca (9 hours ago, 76 views, 2 replies)
- Hi: Looking for an EMG interpreter (17 hours ago, 284 views, 7 replies)
- If not ALS, what else could it be' (18 hours ago, 181 views, 1 replies)
- Fear (18 hours ago, 155 views, 3 replies)
- EZ Lite Cruiser' (18 hours ago, 70 views, 0 replies)
- Vince' (18 hours ago, 174 views, 6 replies)
- How to talk to children (21 hours ago, 138 views, 5 replies)
- Suggestions for getting out of bed (21 hours ago, 193 views, 11 replies)
- Today is the day. (1 day ago, 182 views, 1 replies)
- Recipes for PEG (1 day ago, 111 views, 5 replies)
- Drummer with worrying symptoms, feeling very uneasy (2 days ago, 231 views, 4 replies)
- A post for women with bulbar (2 days ago, 137 views, 0 replies)
- Worried about symptoms (2 days ago, 158 views, 1 replies)
- 6 Months, Still Terrified (2 days ago, 269 views, 4 replies)
- 2016 Permobil F3 Corpus (2 days ago, 94 views, 0 replies)
- Could this be ALS or MND' (3 days ago, 237 views, 5 replies)
- tingling, dry mouth, dizzy (3 days ago, 147 views, 2 replies)
- Changes (3 days ago, 198 views, 5 replies)
- Long Distance Communication (3 days ago, 137 views, 3 replies)
- ALS study reveals role of RNA-binding proteins (4 days 5 hours ago)
- New Insights into Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) (5 days 7 hours ago)
- Toxic peptides disrupt membrane-less organelles in neurodegenerative disease (5 days 18 hours ago)
- 11th Anniversary of ‘Tradition of Hope’ Gala Raises Funds for ALS (1 week 4 days ago)
- Help raise funds for ALS research at Pitch for Pete movie night (2 weeks 5 hours ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.