We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
The following bloggers are from our online community. If you'd like to post a blog feel free to participate. We'd love to hear from you.
20 most recent forum discussions
- Do I have ALS' (3 hours ago, 53 views, 1 replies)
- Irritation & coughing increased after Trach change. What to do' (3 hours ago, 27 views, 0 replies)
- Shout out to the past CALS (3 hours ago, 27 views, 1 replies)
- A thank you to the moderatorsl (7 hours ago, 84 views, 1 replies)
- mattress solutions (17 hours ago, 155 views, 8 replies)
- Baclofen (22 hours ago, 117 views, 3 replies)
- A Plea...An Alert... (1 day ago, 158 views, 0 replies)
- bulbar' young (1 day ago, 151 views, 4 replies)
- Not sure if I have ALS!! (1 day ago, 145 views, 2 replies)
- More bathroom issues (1 day ago, 238 views, 7 replies)
- Morphine on our mind (1 day ago, 221 views, 12 replies)
- Here is some reason for hope in 2016 (1 day ago, 216 views, 3 replies)
- Worried (1 day ago, 119 views, 0 replies)
- further details (1 day ago, 185 views, 3 replies)
- Throat feels weird (2 days ago, 35 views, 6 replies)
- Help, I have pains (not ALS) (2 days ago, 289 views, 12 replies)
- Wheel chair battery failure (2 days ago, 133 views, 3 replies)
- Clinic Update (2 days ago, 216 views, 4 replies)
- 2 weeks in (2 days ago, 484 views, 14 replies)
- Some advice please (3 days ago, 220 views, 3 replies)
Submitted site news
- New Ultra Small Microscope To Shed Light On The Activities... (11 hours 37 min ago)
- Man with ALS trains hard to help find cure (11 hours 48 min ago)
- Synthetic Biologics Inc (SYN) Upgraded to “Buy” by Zacks... (12 hours 40 min ago)
- New Studies Aimed at L-Serine as Management of Lou Gehrig... (13 hours 10 min ago)
- Voyager Therapeutics Highlights Programs in Parkinson’s... (14 hours 31 min ago)
- 800km wheelchair journey to Paris (23 hours 56 min ago)
- New brain research offers hope for those who have lost... (1 day 7 hours ago)
- Cytokinetics, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2016 Financial... (1 day 10 hours ago)
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Voyager Therapeutics... (1 day 14 hours ago)
- Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Report 2016-... (1 day 16 hours ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.