We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
20 most recent forum discussions
- Strengthening our muscles to better prepare for the downfall (57 minutes ago, 28 views, 0 replies)
- Trying not to worry (8 hours ago, 95 views, 1 replies)
- How long does it take for you to recover after and EMG' (14 hours ago, 182 views, 7 replies)
- Additional Concerns... (11 hours ago, 84 views, 4 replies)
- carer required (18 hours ago, 84 views, 0 replies)
- How long can a PALS survive with extremely low FVC' (24 hours ago, 241 views, 6 replies)
- How does fALS work' (1 day ago, 118 views, 3 replies)
- Musinex (2 days ago, 150 views, 3 replies)
- Gatorade (2 days ago, 252 views, 5 replies)
- read sticky but still have some concerns. Appreciate any feedback (2 days ago, 186 views, 2 replies)
- joint pain and body shaking (2 days ago, 107 views, 2 replies)
- Hand is off: Feeling anxious (2 days ago, 193 views, 2 replies)
- My Story (3 days ago, 289 views, 3 replies)
- 1 year in....[kinda long] (3 days ago, 334 views, 7 replies)
- Brother In Law Died, & New EMG 2/17 (3 days ago, 297 views, 11 replies)
- out of the shadows (4 days ago, 293 views, 12 replies)
- Should I go to a Neuro (4 days ago, 320 views, 4 replies)
- Vigil from a distance (4 days ago, 208 views, 8 replies)
- My sister (4 days ago, 266 views, 4 replies)
- What are the symptoms that indicate need for a bipap' (4 days ago, 206 views, 4 replies)
Recent member blogs
The following bloggers are from our online community. If you'd like to post a blog feel free to participate. We'd love to hear from you.
- Help, is this ALS... (1 day 8 hours ago)
- Pls and baclofen pump (1 week 1 day ago)
- Father recently diagnosed (1 month 1 week ago)
- Twiching is freaking me out (1 month 1 week ago)
- Freaking out over my twiching (1 month 1 week ago)
- I don't know if this is right, but I need HELP (1 month 1 week ago)
- Living with ALS (1 month 2 weeks ago)
- neck collars with chest splints for posture (1 month 2 weeks ago)
- ALS first symptoms (1 month 2 weeks ago)
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Voyager Therapeutics Inc. (VYGR) to Hold (3 days 21 hours ago)
- Voyager Therapeutics Inc. (VYGR) Downgraded to Hold at Zacks Investment Research (4 days 20 hours ago)
- Infectious Agents and Neurodegenerative Diseases: Exploring the links (1 week 5 hours ago)
- New Hope for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS/Lou Gehrigs Disease) Patients (1 week 22 hours ago)
- Barrie ALS man gives DNA (1 week 4 days ago)
- Respiratory Muscle Strength in ALS May Be Used for Survival Predictions (2 weeks 23 hours ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.