We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
20 most recent forum discussions
- about 1 year now... (2 hours ago, 26 views, 2 replies)
- Phase II Amylyx Trial at MGH (5 hours ago, 41 views, 0 replies)
- Short survey (12 hours ago, 163 views, 14 replies)
- without a diagnose (15 hours ago, 192 views, 5 replies)
- Horable pain (16 hours ago, 132 views, 2 replies)
- Scared 15 year old (17 hours ago, 128 views, 2 replies)
- Update (20 hours ago, 189 views, 6 replies)
- Any feedback is appreciated (20 hours ago, 173 views, 3 replies)
- New Risk Gene Identified - C21orf2. (21 hours ago, 72 views, 0 replies)
- Headaches (21 hours ago, 143 views, 6 replies)
- Great grandfather had it and now I have symptoms, seeking a little feedback (1 day ago, 193 views, 4 replies)
- Rant - CALS only please (1 day ago, 245 views, 12 replies)
- Newbie with some confusion (1 day ago, 244 views, 6 replies)
- Memorial Service (1 day ago, 243 views, 9 replies)
- Any effective treatment ', help please! (1 day ago, 213 views, 4 replies)
- New fALS gene, NEK1 (1 day ago, 108 views, 1 replies)
- New to the forum (2 days ago, 251 views, 8 replies)
- Can You Purchase External Bumpers Separately' (2 days ago, 86 views, 2 replies)
- After two years, an update... (2 days ago, 244 views, 2 replies)
- Nuedexta (2 days ago, 127 views, 2 replies)
- Neurodegenerative Disease Market size and forecast, 2015-2025 (2 days 8 hours ago)
- Susie Classic continues growing (4 days 7 hours ago)
- ALS research suggests stem cells be 'aged' to speed progress toward finding treatments (1 week 21 hours ago)
- Openings, closings, events, and more north of Boston (1 week 2 days ago)
- Reopening Avenues for Attacking Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1 week 2 days ago)
- Research note: When intracellular communications fail – fireworks! (1 week 5 days ago)
- VIB research reveals new insights into ALS (1 week 6 days ago)
- Promising new insights into ALS (1 week 6 days ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.