We are a volunteer-driven online community that originated in 2003. We are a resource for anyone affected by ALS and MND. We are a community of like-minded and compassionate individuals. Together we are the ALS Forum and together we build this online resource and online community.
Your ALS community and support group
The ALS support and MND help forums are here for individuals like yourself - people impacted by ALS and MND, whether you're a caregiver, patient, friend, or family member.
Our community consists of individuals working together; exchanging information, providing moral support, caregiver support and general help with ALS - together we cope with ALS, make friends, and help one another support those with ALS.
We encourage you to join our support group to ask questions, get help with ALS, and to share experiences.
Remember, you're not alone, chat about your journey with ALS with people that understand and have experience with this deadly disease.
Together we provide hope, information, support, help, and friendship. ALS support staff, individuals, mothers, daughters, brothers, sisters, patients, caregivers and friends alike.
We've already made a big difference, help us do even better by joining and getting involved today.
Join our community
ALSforum is a support group to help people deal with the daily living issues associated with ALS. The ALS forum will connect you with people that can provide answers, support and help with ALS. We invite you to join our community.
Recent member blogs
The following bloggers are from our online community. If you'd like to post a blog feel free to participate. We'd love to hear from you.
- Trying to Adjust (1 day 15 hours ago)
- Hi Dad, (2 days 11 hours ago)
- PALS major panic and stuffy nose issues (2 weeks 2 days ago)
- My boyfriend has ALS and not sure how to move further in relationship (3 weeks 5 days ago)
- Wondering what's wrong (4 weeks 7 hours ago)
- Do I have als? So scared (1 month 3 days ago)
- Does this sound like als? So scared. (1 month 3 days ago)
- Lara's Tale, Part One (1 month 1 week ago)
20 most recent forum discussions
- Possible Bulbar (4 hours ago, 54 views, 0 replies)
- 45 year old woman recently diagnosed with ALS (16 hours ago, 136 views, 2 replies)
- Slow moving progression of ALS (16 hours ago, 117 views, 1 replies)
- Hospice...how to know when it's time to call' (17 hours ago, 126 views, 3 replies)
- Fasciculations and CRD - ALS' (23 hours ago, 155 views, 2 replies)
- ALSUntangled (23 hours ago, 102 views, 0 replies)
- Constant Twitching Neck (24 hours ago, 120 views, 3 replies)
- Trying to Buy a Desk to Last (1 day ago, 74 views, 1 replies)
- Strong possibility of ALS (2 days ago, 311 views, 7 replies)
- Scared (2 days ago, 272 views, 6 replies)
- Looking for advice (2 days ago, 189 views, 6 replies)
- Methylcobalamin daily B12 injections (2 days ago, 151 views, 3 replies)
- Stressed out VENT (2 days ago, 207 views, 7 replies)
- Breathing issues on long plane flight (2 days ago, 142 views, 2 replies)
- Insurance problems because of my name change (2 days ago, 215 views, 7 replies)
- Ugly cry is creeping (3 days ago, 336 views, 20 replies)
- So Sad (3 days ago, 206 views, 8 replies)
- FVC test- wording for request (3 days ago, 190 views, 5 replies)
- New here! Atrophy hand, no weaknes, twitches all over. (3 days ago, 312 views, 6 replies)
- Speech devices to continue to communicate (3 days ago, 185 views, 6 replies)
- Association of Environmental Toxins With Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (2 weeks 6 days ago)
- Fresno State fraternity raises awareness about ALS (2 weeks 6 days ago)
- 'Nana's Run' to raise awareness and funds for ALS research (3 weeks 3 hours ago)
- Claudio Ranieri donates prize to ALS research (3 weeks 7 hours ago)
- Peterborough's Walk for ALS raises $33,000 for services and research (3 weeks 18 hours ago)
- Voyager Therapeutics Inc (VYGR) Upgraded at Zacks Investment Research (3 weeks 1 day ago)
- Voyager Therapeutics Inc (VYGR) Lifted to “Hold” at Zacks Investment Research (3 weeks 1 day ago)
- Campaign for ALS treatments seeks commitment from Congress (3 weeks 1 day ago)
Sponsorship and thanks
A very special thank you goes out to Al Pettit (ALS forum moderator supreme). Al passed away in 2012 from ALS. It's with great joy that we know Al is watching us from above. Without Al Pettit's hard work, kind nature, and thorough knowledge of ALS, this website would not be as important, or as helpful, as it is today.
Most importantly, a very big thank you to all of our moderators, heroic members and daily visitors, all of whom create a thriving atmosphere of support.