Top 3 dumb things I've heard lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got asked yesterday if "that's like the Ebola thing"! And they VOTE!

Sherry

Dalvin, I was really frustrated with my husband as I saw things happening because he refused to go to the doctors. When he finally decided to go, he said you know this is going to be really bad and they wont be able to fix it. He said he had no idea what it was but he just knew it was bad and figured not knowing officially for as long as possible was best for him.

Wish it was like that ebola thing there would be a cure by now

>Wish it was like that ebola thing there would be a cure by now

except we would become 21st century lepers and we would be shipped off to Molokaʻi

Always wanted to go to hawaii

Yesterday, we were at the fall fair, and there were several things being sold. We stopped at a booth that was selling foot accupressure and massage machines. They had several models, and they did feel pretty good, but one massaged the feet and legs and was said to reduce edema. I thought we would try it on Tim and see if it helped the puffiness, and explained to the salesman that he had ALS, and his feet and lower legs become swollen because he can't move them. He admitted that he didn't know what ALS was so we explained it to him, happy that he actually interested. Well I guess he must have only appeared interested because when we started to get it ready for Tim, he asked if he needed help getting out of his PWC. I had to snort with laughter at the stunned look on Tim's face, and said "he sure does!" and then again explained that he was paralyzed. He had the grace to look sheepish.

The stupidity is astounding. Home health care nurse came today to take out the peg stitches. Instead she yanked out his peg tube. Heaven help me.

>Instead she yanked out his peg tube.

there should be some recourse ...

Been in the er for 6 hrs while they decide if they reinsert or admit him and wait for tomorrow. I am not happy

Admit and wait! You don't want an ER doc doing this!

Gooseberry - I am so sorry you and your husband are having to go through this! I hope that the next few days go better than today.

Sending us back to originial docs. Have to call clinic tomorrow to get it scheduled. They put a holding tube in so the tract doesnt close. This sucks!

Gooseberry, I don't know how you had the grace not to throttle her! Tim found his PEG tube the most uncomfortable procedure he has ever had. Once his tract was healed we were able to have the MIC Key inserted, and it was a breeze, and so much more convenient. You are both in my prayers.

Paulette

Paulette, I think my family is going to start a bail fund. Its a good thing there are a couple of lawyers in the family. I may need free legal advice and bail money before this is over. On the one hand it just seems par for the course...and on the other side the lack of knowledge by medical ptofessionals is alarming

just had my peg tube inserted yesterday. Hurts pretty bad. I tried taking my pills yesterdsy and goy real bad pains-gas bloating and stomach juicee backed up into the peg tube. Have not been able to cleat that out with water-of course no one has yet shoed us how to use the tube. Getting a little worried. Today I took 1 small pill and 2 tsp of pain meds-no pain but I am having gas again.
I need to be able to eat, and when home health comes out I will definately watch that they dont pull out the tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back