Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so he doesn't like to wear the cath for more than 6 hours or so, because other times we have someone here who can transfer him to commode via easy pivot or hoyer (like me)or a helper we have come in sometimes. BUT the adheasive is super sticky still when I take it off.

Are there non-sticky condom caths that would stay on for couple of hours, but painless to take off?

THANKS ALL OF YOU!
Lisa

Lisa, we didn't like the sticky foam adhesive either. We used the self adhesive bandages that I mentioned earlier. They are easy to remove and apply. The big bonus is that no hair gets stuck or pulled. And as i mentioned earlier they have lots of fun colors at the farm supply store. I just LOVE putting "him" in PINK! hehehe

Cris, have you thought about a trim? I love your fun, can do attitude but NO MORE toilet cleaner in the drainage bag! xo

Lisa, we didn't like the sticky foam adhesive either. We used the self adhesive bandages that I mentioned earlier. They are easy to remove and apply. The big bonus is that no hair gets stuck or pulled. And as i mentioned earlier they have lots of fun colors at the farm supply store. I just LOVE putting "him" in PINK! hehehe

Thanks Cris. What brand of condom catheter is that you use with the ace bandages?

We had a major mishap today...kink in the tubing which caused it to backup and leak out the top of the condom. Oh my. MESSY! Staying up late to wash the cover of the wheelchair cushion and alot of smelly towels.

Lisa, Sorry to say we have been there too. I have cleaned my share of seat cusions and towels... The Brand we use is:Kendall Ref #8884731300 (Texas Catheter). The self-adhesive name is: Vetwrap. I'm sure the med wraps would work as well, but I'm a stingy person. I like to get my moneys worth. The Vetwrap is the same price but by cutting it in lenght-wise strips you get 3x as much. And again the lovely colors.

Kay Marie, Love ya Honey! So Sorry to hear all you've been going through!....... I do dilute the toilet cleaner down. Have used it for over a ear with no complications yet. But will try the bleach idea.

I purposely refrained from posting on this thread as I am having shudders from hearing that "C" word.

A bent imagination doesn't help.

When it says insert catheter , I read , "Take a cattle prod and stick it up your dick" {{shudder}}

Erections are not helpful. HELLO? My dick and condoms coming together means "Mr One-Eye is coming to wink at ya"

Hey Glen, Nothing goes up anything with condom catheter, which is what this entire thread is about. It rolls onto the penis like a condom. Hence the name. Get it?

No need to shudder :).
Lisa

Glen..Love ya The old one eye winking at us while trying to get this on is such a bad thing. Unless your helper wants to finish the job then put the cath on. It's not uncomfortable unless your helper gets the bandage wrapped too tightly. Then it cuts off curculation. OUCH! but no cattle prods involved!

rotflmao! Cris, did you do a trim yet and Colisa, use any pretty colors? Glen, you are wickedly funny! xo

Not going with any pretty colors :). We were unsuccessful in attempts to use that type (cleaned up a few messes....not sure what I was doing wrong).

Thanks all for your help. Dave uses the external cath every afternoon/evening now. What a relief ;). He had ALS Clinic appt today and the cath was a lifesaver.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back