The Case of the Glowing Possum. The Follies forge deep into the wilderness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry, I'm so glad you did add all the jokes. Pssst--the horse is an outhouse, right? So the group now has their porta-pottie...or pottie horse. Then again, they may simply have a horse house made by Paris...

Possums were in tow and "nurse" was feeling quite high, as she headed towards her secret hideaway! As she ticked off her stash of medications and surgical instruments in her head, she felt quite confident of her task. She thought, "This will teach NASA to mess with me! My research was flawless! My animal models were much better than these overgrown rats!"

Last edited:
"Well Hector" said Homer, " something is definitely not adding up. I was a little surprised to see Helen passed out in the horse again- that woman is nothing but trouble whenever she's around. That story about talking glowing possums working for NASA and eating space algae all seems very reasonable at first glance, sure, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on.....
I think you, me and this other dog, Vee, should tag along incase we're needed. I'L take my gun ...and this unstrung bow I found that looks impossible for any normal man to restring...

The "nurse" drove away furiously, delighting in having the possum holding the Space Algae in her possession. Circe (which was her name) had her accomplice, Teddy, and together they would get that magic algae into her own creature as soon as they crossed the valley and then rose again into her "holler" of evil.

Thinking about Ned behind her (for the jeep had only old fashioned benches behind the front two seats), Helen wondered if he was the man who would finally use the bow and release her from the strange spell that kept her mentally chained to the Horse. She'd spent far too long in the outhouse. It was nice to have the possum, Eight, on her lap. Even a rodent could be a source of comfort.

Annie, the driver, was also glad to have Ned behind her with his firearm ability. There was a menace about. She pushed the gas pedal trying to catch up with the nurse. The possums might be important to NASA, but worse was her fear of what may happen in the hands of such evil.

Meanwhile, Homer was considering that this was sort of nice. He hadn't had an adrenaline rush in years before today. More manpower would be great, but between Ned and him, what kind of trouble could Teddy and a woman create?

Circe and Teddy, along with two possums had slowly rolled into a hollow containing a beat up house with small buildings littering the surrounding brush. They had no idea Annie, Helen and Ned were close behind them, but Circe was in a hurry to feed her creatures with Space Algae. With Teddy holding the female possum, she pulled out the "magic" food as the possums whimpered. (Now PZ, please tell me you feel sorry for these possums!)

Circe fed a creature, one with huge teeth, which snapped up all that was in view. Circe waited. And waited... and meanwhile, the jeep pulled up outside the building. But the creature wasn't glowing! What was wrong? Then, Homer drove up behind the jeep, took out both gun and unstrung (but ready to assemble) bow and quietly joined Ned.

"Hold on a second, guys, " said Homer,"Before we do anything, I need to use the horse...."

LOLOL. Homer. Don't forget to dig a hole...

As they gathered in a disorganized fashion, no one being quite sure what was going on, (a common thread in the Follies) much less what to expect next; their attention suddenly became riveted as a possum, looking much like Eight, only several times larger, undulated toward them from the shadows! An aura surrounded the over-sized possum, the glow extending into the woods behind it as it moved slowly forward.

Quick! Annie, get your gun! shouted Ned...

Annie raised her Winchester, but paused before pulling the trigger. Slowly she lowered the rifle and grabbed up her Panasonic Lumix in its place. She could not snap pictures quick enough...

It wasn't a possum at all. This big honking thing was a long tailed pig! Nurse Rached by day, Dr. Circe by night, was making monsterous pigs in this hideaway. Homer shot just after Annie got her picture. The pig was dead. As Nurse/Doctor Circe ran toward another building, Ned grabbed the bow. He began to pull. Helen hid in the horse, but watched through the moon....

Ned was having serious trouble stringing the bow. Then, Homer stepped forward and gave Ned a stick of gum.
"What's this?" asked Ned
"It's Juicy Fruit, my favorite, try it"
Ned did and found amazing strength, strung the bow and let fly an arrow at the fleeing nurse. She shut the door just in time, as the arrow thunked into the door frame...

Dam said Ned, (and a few other choice words that would get me banned from the forum), throwing the bow to the ground.
Why didn't i use my trusty 303 instead of this bow, i would have nailed the nurse.
from now on i am keeping it by my side as well as my other, yet to be revealed weapon.

He walked back to the jeep, mumbling all the way.

Meanwhile, back at the bakery/fiber arts shop, Thelma was having the time of her life! She had always wanted to get into the self-expression of things with her tart making and now was the perfect opportunity.

Thelma had the idea to paint scenes on pastries that fit in with the season of the times. Her artwork was incredibly good and the sweetness of her pastries even better. Business was booming! The good people of the burg had never seen or tasted anything like it but Thelma had a secret to it all; a secret that the good citizens of the burg would have done better had they had known!

Could it be that "Undulation" as the world had never known before was about to appear! Stay tuned for the next episode of, "The case of the Glowing Possum!"

Last edited:
Teddy tried to slip between trees and escape into the wilderness. The "Pig Game" was a lost cause. All those rodents that could have been made into cheap pork... the dream of a lifetime. That and Circe's special BBQ sauce could have made them rich. Suddenly an arrow pierced his leg. He looked up. Ned held the bow as well as a broad smile, then popped a bubble from juicy fruit. Homer had given him two sticks, and the second did the job.

Overhead a chopper came into the area, with POLICE written on its side. It hovered as a loud voice, amplified, spoke. "Drop your weapons and raise your hands above your heads." Teddy couldn't. The artery had been hit and he was gone.

As his tobacco ran out, he tapped his pipe against the tree. "Ahh," he said, "Looks they are in dire need of help on this cold night. I must investigate."

He walked confidently along as he sniffed the trail. He thought there was a familiar scent and had to keep himself from laughing...well, crying when he meant to laugh. "I've found you now, and you will suffer your fate!" His beard was caked in snow. He was bred to chase otter and boar, even bears! He was fearless and rather distinguished (but, he had his goofy side).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back