Stomach bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are stool cultures that take a full week before they can be declared definitely negative Tillie. A positive result may show up sooner

Ova and parasites take more than 3 days...usually about a week. And , like Nikki said, bacterial cultures can take a week ...you culture, separate out abnormal growth, possibly separate again, identify bug sometimes by smell, growth, or a stain but sometimes other testing. Then you test for drug sensitivity.

Doctor's office called and said they found nothing unusual in the stool sample. Liver panel and ultrasound of liver tomorrow.

Vince

But how are you feeling Vince? Is it resolving? I'm guessing maybe not if you are going for a liver panel? xx

The diarrhea isn't as bad but I still can't eat by mouth. Makes me too nauseous. So we are thinning everything and putting down the tube. You should hear my stomach after a feeding. Sounds like war going on in my stomach. I don't think your liver can affect your digestive system. I had an ulcer 15 years ago and was told in my early 20's I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Who knows. I hope it isn't a sign of my body shutting down.

Vince

If your meals are fatty, you may be having gallbladder attacks. Usually you have pain and cramping on your right side and you can purge pretty violently.

I thought about gallbladder but I really don't have any pain other than gas with the diarrhea. No pain on the right side at all. But like I said whenever anything hits my stomach it starts, gurgling, bubbling, groweling just making all kinds of noise. I have no idea what to do. Maybe this is just how it's going to be.

Vince

Liver panel and ultrasound were fine. Doc said when you have only liquids going in, you are going to have loose stools. Has no idea why I am nauseous when I try to eat by mouth. Told him I had an ulcer 15 years ago and they gave me carafate so he prescribed that for me. No answers. I think Laurie may have been right. Way too much fat in my diet. For 10 months heavy whipping cream and half and half in everything and tons of ice cream. Time for a more sensible diet.

Vince

Well it's great they didn't find any horrible bug or issue, now to just get back to square one!

You will still need a way to keep the calories up high. Maybe you can try taking in lower fat small meals by mouth, then supplementing the higher calorie content by peg?

Thanks for letting us know xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back