Status
Not open for further replies.
richard,your news of sunny is so terribley sad to hear and my heart goes out to you and your family.
they are part of our family ,like our children even and deserve every ounce of love we give them.
sunny may have had a bad start in life (which makes me so very angry) but that was erased by the years of love your family have given her and since has had a real good life.
i am welling up with tears because i know exactly how you are feeling,how heartbroken you are.

my olivers 4th anniversary of his death was last week 27/10,he too had renal failure and i knew for a week that he was dying.
while he was laying on the sofa i was on the telephone arranging his funeral,i knew he was going to be put to sleep the next day (friday) so had to make arrangements for his funeral saturday.
he had a private cremation at a pet crematorium,it is all done so dignified with every care taken.
he is still with me (ashes) in his wooden urn shaped like a sleeping cat.

i wish i could give you a real hug not a virtual one,i will be so very much thinking of you,family and of course praying sunny does not suffer.
(((((hugs)))))caroline xxxxx

brooksea.
sorry to hear about your dog also,i know you all will be still very much heartbroken.
(((((hugs)))))caroline xxxxx

Oh man. My heart breaks for all of you. Know that we are all here for you and your family and that you are surrounded by love and prayers. It will be difficult, but will also help her to understand more in the long run. I believe this. We have lost 3 very dear pets in the last 3 years. It was so hard on the kids, but also allowed us to discuss death, dying, and our belief that the soul and spirit lives on. I wish I had wonderful words of wisdom for you. Ultimately it will be your love for your daughter that will see her through.
Love and light
Meg

p.s. Changing my avatar pic. This is Shea. He is our beautiful Great Dane child. He is about 6 months in the pic, but is now almost 4 years old and 160 pounds of puppy love. He is sending puppy love to Sunny!

Last edited:
oh man, I am sitting here at work reading that post and all teared up, good thing I have a back office. I have a yellow lab named sonny and he is ten yrs old which is old for a lab. Thanks for sharing your story but most of all thanks for sharing your home and heart with sonny.

Crying. Richard, what a good life and love you have given her. Who could love her more? Remember the Rainbow Bridge. God bless you, your family and Sunny.

Thanks guys - as always I'm touched and overwhelmed by your incredible support. Sorry if I haven't been that active lately. Maybe I'll explain some day.

My condolences to everyone who has suffered through this - it is heartbreaking.

Before Sunny we had a Jack Russell with lymphoma. She was in a lot of pain so we thought it would be best if we ended her suffering. She knew - and she cried all the way to the vet. I still haven't recovered.

Group hug

Your pup is so cute ! My heart is sad for you right now. But you had such a wonderful buddy for a good long time.

Richard Im so very sorry for your loss of Sunny. Ive said it before, and I'll say it again- losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go thru. I would share my story, but honestly, i dont want to relive it right now. Im glad you were able to give Sunny a happy life and of course Sunny did the same for you.
I hope the heartache doesnt last too long my friend, though I know better.

Richard,

I'm so sory about your Sunny. We too just lost one a couple of months ago.I will say an extra prayer for Sunny tonight.

Kimberly

Sorry about Sunny Richard. We had to put our 14 year old Border Collie to sleep a few months ago and I still tear up just talking about him. Must be the EL.

al.

My condolences to everyone who has suffered through this - it is heartbreaking.

Yes, it breaks our hearts when they leave but their lives and also our lives are better for all the love that flows between us. We knew this is how it was going to go when they first adopted us. It's just how it is.
Hugs,
Marta

Richard I am so sorry about Sunny, what a wonderful life you gave her filled with Love. It is heartbreaking to lose such a good and faithful friend, my prayers are with you and the family. Big ((HUG))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back