Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what we are cruising on. The Oceania Jasper. All these ships are designed to be a certain width and height to be able to get through all the locks. As usual when we cruise, the area has a record heat wave. Not complaining mind you!

Looks gorgeous enjoy. :)
Wendy

Today we went up the Mosel to get upfront and personal with one of the castles

A view from the castle looking back on the Mosel

I did buy a new suit today. Kinda wondering now how I am going to pack it in my suitcase :)

I'm enjoying "our vacation", Bruce. And I didn't even have to shell out a penny.

These photos are fantastic, I'm enjoying the free trip enormously too!

The Koln Cathedral

Inside the Cathedral

The remains of "The Three Wise Men" are in this gold chest

Really enjoying the beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Sharon

So.......tonight a "little" break from beer:

Alas our journey is coming to an end. We dock in Amsterdam tomorrow. I have been here many times and lived in the Netherlands for 3 years while in the Air Force. I love the country and people here! A final story for you

My last name is Joren and there are not many in the US. My grandparents immigrated from the Netherlands in their teens. About 2 years ago I did a search on Facebook for Joren's and found a few from the town my grandparents were from. I started a conversation with one of them and met him later that year when they came to Disney in FL. Since then we have become close with their family. They are picking us up in Amsterdam and we are spending the day with them. Looking forward to a good visit before we return home.

What a wonderful story. My maternal grandmother's line comes from the Netherlands.

I'm so glad your trip was a success and I hope you have a nice visit with your friends.

Sunny Florida awaits your return!

What a wonderful ending to a wonderful trip! Thank you for sharing it with us. Hope your trip home is less eventful. Kate

I am sooo jealous. I was stationed at Spangdahlem and drank plenty of Piesporter from the Mosel. Thanks so very much for sharing this trip.

BTW, your photos are fantastic--professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back