Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
Winnsboro
I've had something on my mind lately that I would like to share with everyone. 4 years ago this coming April, after spending 42 days in the hospital and the last 7 months flat on my back in the bed after going on a ventilator, I was being prepared to be released to go home in the next few days. I remember a male nurse standing at my bedside and making a very profound statement to me. He said, "The only limitations you have, are the limitations that you put on yourself." At that time, being hooked up to a ventilator, oxygen, and an automated feeding machine, I could only see myself going home and being bedridden. But once we got home, I started seeing the hand of God at work like I had never seen before in my life. God provided us a power chair, ramps were built to get in and out of my house, a rack was built on my power chair to make my ventilator portable, and eventually my appetite came back and the feeding tube came out. After a few months we were blessed with a handicapped equipped van to allow us to be more independent. Nearly 2 years ago, I was able to start leaving my oxygen tank at home, instead of carrying it on my chair everywhere. I've said all of this to say this, I truly believe that God used that male nurse as a messenger, to let me know that this wasn't a death sentence, but that I was about to experience a more rewarding and fulfilling life than I had ever known. My friends, God has allowed my wife and I to go places and do things that I could never have imagined doing again. I truly value and enjoy life more than I ever have before. My dear friends, it doesn't matter how bad life may seem to be for you, God is still on the throne and He loves you. Just allow Him to lead you through the valleys. He has good things in store for you and you will experience the peace and joy in your life like never before. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.".....Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

AMEN!
Jake, your words are echoing in my head..... and I thank you for sharing. I too beleive that God puts people in pur lives for a reason, and he sends his angels to look after us... give us messages..and for me to stumble on your thread and read your story, is truley a comfirmation of everything you just said. and it is exaactly what I needed to hear at this excact moment in our journey...
so maybe you are to us what that male nurse was to you.......So thank you, and I truley mean thank you!
please take care and God bless!

Ronnie and Sissy, thank you so much and I'm glad this post was helpful to you. May God Bless you abundantly!

Good post Jake and a great attitude that you have.

Thank you, Skipper!

That was wonderful Jake, the hardest part for me was letting go of problems so that God could handle them for me. I had to learn to let go and stop worrying. Thank you Jake.

Janie

You're welcome, Janie!

Your story is such an inspiration for me! I've been experiencing nothing but steady, quick decline, though I pray and pray, and many others are praying for me. In an instant God can turn things around. I must never lose hope at what God can do!

AMEN, Anderkling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back