jjbell's husband- a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Jim was put on Lorazepam for his pain. It made him spaced out and woozy. He didnt want to eat or drink anything. Also he could not not keep his eyes one. Could not hold a conversation at all. So I rang the doc again and said I didn't like him like that. So he is now on Amitriptyline. We will see if that is any better.

Re: 1 Month Warning...

Hi Becky
Your post has given me much courage. Jim has only been diagnosed in July this month. But he is already deteriorating fast. I dont think he will last 1 year never mind 4/5 as some of you have been suffering. He is still of the protective loving stage. Not nasty or cruel. Will that come? He does not want any intervention at all. Just now he is in the hospice cause of his ongoing pain and nausea. Hopefully he will get well enough to come back home.? Like you we had our kitchen renovated, then building a wet room. It is nearly finished. Hope he will be able to use it.

Re: 1 Month Warning...

JJ,

Not all PALS become nasty. More often, they become impatient, seem uncaring and/or lacking the empathy that they used to have. That can be down to the effects on the brain directly, or a secondary effect of fatigue, pain, grief, anger, CO2 retention, poor sleep, etc.

I hope your Jim can come home soon. I am moving your question and my answer to your own thread so as not to intrude on Becky's.

Best,
Laurie

And some remain themselves to the end. My sister lived 4 years from diagnosis and was her sweet self until she died

My husband never became nasty or cruel either in the four years I took care of him. A year or two into it he did seem to loose empathy ,which was very unlike him, then in the last 6-9 months he became very loving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back