I get stabbed September 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of burps , anyone find it harder to burp/belch now ?

I used to be able to do the alphabet, and carry on small conversations. Now its work to just get the gas out.

maybe a beer would help that ! HA another reason.

Glen

You bet Glen...beer...breakfast of champions:)
Where are you getting the operation? Do you have to go to Ottawa?
Rick

Yes , I met the surgeon yesterday in Ottawa. It will be at the General.

Ahhh..good stuff. Looking forward to your comments about it! I lived in the Ottawa Valley years back in the late 70's ...(my God - that sounds like a loooong time ago!) and have even been to Alexandria;)
Good luck with the chair too!
Rick

Yes, if you burp you can taste it. But even without burping the taste is still there in the back of your throat,

Glen, we've marked 9/15 as our day to have prayers and thoughts of you. I had to smile as I read your above post. You're a character! You'll do just great and nothing is likely to get you down. You've got what it takes.

We'll be waiting and watching for news on your progress as the time gets closer.
We hope you can look forward to it for the benefits it will give you and not loose sleep thinking about it as you wait. Sure, easy to say, right?

Glen,
Once you get over the psychological aspect of the G-tube..you will be thankful for your decision. We wil be thinking of you.

sorry i am learing here what is peg'd,and dunk chair ?
and thank you for making me laught i needed to see a good side of this problem and hints of what to do when it is my son at certain stages now what kind of blender do i need to get

thank you for any help

Glen,

I originally read the title as being past tense, as in "I got stabbed in September" And as I was waiting for my computer to load the page, I'm wondering why you waited until now to tell us, and did you think it had something to do with your ALS diagnosis (from the injury) and so forth.

I'm very happy to learn the real gist of your post, LOL, and wish you all the best in preparing yourself mentally for it.

Swallowing has been bad for me the last week or two again in my perception it seems to get easier, then worse. Just general fatigue makes a big difference in how well I manage, (or not).

But, not having ever even attempted to burp the alphabet, I can't help you out with that one. However, my youngest son cultivated this talent, so rest assured that I'm properly wowed.

I've noticed just this week a really weird thing when I swallow. If I swallow a few sips of thin beverage, such as carbonated water, it doesn't seem to go anywhere, some of it never really makes it down and comes back up in the back of my mouth (but I'm used to that) but then after about 5-10 seconds, there's this rhythmic contraction for several beats. Its right around the "upper" burp area, i.e. lower throat, upper chest, and then it feels like it all clears. This morning, with my smoothie, it happened, but instead of almost a clicking when it did it, it was this sound like a drain makes when its been clogged and it clears. Thinking its most likely not a good thing (duh) and may actually make myself schedule that next swallow study...

Echoing Dana, remember that the gown opens in the back....;-)

Glen, Good luck with your upcoming procedure. I'll be thinking of you on Sept 15th. Cookie

Glen - best of luck with the procedure. I bet you'll be happy you did it. As for burping, anyone else burp through their
tube? I do, much to my children's embarrassment. Can't do the alphabet, more of a bubbling cauldron effect.
Dan

Thanks for all of the well wishes. Psychologically, I was ready before the appointment. I know its a good thing.

Rose , I'm going to cheat and wear some shorts if I can. Its only a 15 minute procedure , but they be knocking me out with demoral or something. Not a general anesthetic. Im experienced on one side , and a virgin on the other ;)

Dan , alright. STuPiD TuBe tricKS ... love it. Like put a popped balloon over the end and make fart noises at will. Amaze your friends , embarrass the family !

hi glenn i am a month ahead of the date lol and thought ur name was a different one getting mixed up so easy with names

Dan, yes the bubbling burps are a hoot. Ever had an explosion? If your previous "entry" was a carbonated drink, when you hook the tube up next time, you can sometimes get a lovely fountain effect up and out of the tube. Woosh! It's especially effective if your caregiver is leaning over the tube at the time. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back