Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
Us
State
Virginia
City
Carrollton
My wife just received her Bipap 3 days ago. Nurse said Drs orders were 4 hours per day. Not necessarily consecutive. Tried yesterday and wife said that her chest felt heavy. Lasted 15 minutes. Tried again today. Same result. Could the problem be the Bipap adjustments? I called the nurse yesterday but no response.

Hi, Chincoteague,

First, for future reference, it's best to pose new questions in their own thread so it's easier for P/CALS to see and respond. That's why I moved this one.

Yes, settings can be an issue if she is getting too much or not enough air, her chest could feel heavy. Do you know how to see what the settings are? What kind of machine does she have?

Thanks for putting my question in the right place. The device is a Trilogy 100. Although I have not received a reply to my phone message, the Trilogy nurse is scheduled for a visit in 5 more days. My wife doesn't seem to have difficulty breathing but I understand it's all about removing carbon dioxide and that this may not reveal itself to CALS. Is my concern premature? Is waiting 5 days okay?

If the use of the BiPAP produces physical chest discomfort, I would not use it pending the nurse's visit, if you don't want to litigate settings sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back